Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We've all done it.....

.....given our cars (or other modes of transportation) names or nicknames.

So fess up! What make and models do you have, and what illustrious name have you bestowed upon it?

Growing up, one of our family cars was a Dodge 330. I don't know who was responsible for the name but it was: The Flying Goose. (My dad's company car, a Chevy Biscayne at the time, was dubbed The Blue Goose).

My older brothers shared a 1964 Chevy Nova II (it had "three on the tree" and was the car I learned to drive a manual on). Its name: The Green Weenie (because it was underpowered and green).

The first new car I ever bought was a Toyota Corolla Liftback. Its name: Little Blue (because it was little and blue...*duh*).

My wife and I bought my folk's 1980 Chevy Caprice Classic from them and it had power everything and a plush interior. We'd never had anything like it before. Its name: The Limo.

Our current vehicles are nameless. There's not particularly and character to them (Toyota Sienna van and Highlander), so we've not been inspired to christen them with names.

Your turn.............
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Hoo boy, I only have one borderline one to share. My last car was a Ford Taurus, and one of my hethen friends bestowed upon it's lawful name a "Cli" prefix.

What? I said it was borderline....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

We Have a Nissan Extera (not sure if thats spelt correct) we call it Hashimoto.
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

I used to have a 69 Datsun 510, I called "Chili-Willy".

Now I have this strange little car, it's an 86 Toyota Tercel 4X4 wagon.
    A friend saw me going down the road one day, he said he was reminded of Inspector Gadget, and thought "go Gadget go!" I guess cause it's light yellow and funny looking. So the name stuck, and it's called "Gadget Wagon"

I also have a 93 Toyota 4X4 x-tra cab truck I call "Blackie" cause it's you guessed it, black.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Hoo boy, I only have one borderline one to share. My last car was a Ford Taurus, and one of my hethen friends bestowed upon it's lawful name a "Cli" prefix.

What? I said it was borderline....
    My wife and her brothers shared a Taurus and gave it the same nickname! Eventually they took to simply calling it "the bean".
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I call my truck the pussy magnet.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We've all done it.....given our cars (or other modes of transportation) names or nicknames.

Your turn.............
    I've never done it. I feel less complete now and will live in shame.

last one we had was a renault megane five door hatchback called dave and the current one is the same model but the estate version with the longer trunk and he's calle Dezzy.

we basically use the licence plate letters and just fit a name around it.

our first car was a ford KA but i don't think we had a name for it. or if we did i forgot it out of sheer embarrasment at having a KA in the first place. It was a fun car for two weeks then an absolute shameful thing to be seen in. Like driving around in a ladies purse. made of tin.

TI, did a passing comment here by myself (a.k.a. me ) inspire you for this thread?

I've owned three cars.

First: 1990 Mazda Protege' (bought it "new-sed" they called it [3 years after, with just over 22K miles on it], traded it in for my second car [with just over 103K miles at the end... got a "quite kind and generous" $400 worth in trade value for it]. Nickname? Bonjo. Why? (I recalled the Bon Jovi song "Wanted Dead or Alive" lyric "on a steel horse I ride." I used to ride my bicycle everywhere before owning a car, and I referred to it as my "trusty metal steed." Once an automobile replaced my bike, I kept the name by merging Bon and Jovi; but people thought I said "Bonzo," like Reagan's monkey co-star).

Second: 2003 Saturn L200 (bought it used [returned after the buyer couldn't keep up with payments, with no more than around 1K miles on it, I think]. Nickname? Nexthis [pronounced like "Nexus"]. Why? People often get confused by my directions, i.e. the upcoming street would be the "next" one, while the one I'd just be about to cross over would be "this" street." I also liked the term nexus as in a coming together. Lost this car when it was totalled in a roll-over freeway accident, just a few months after paying it off and didn't even reach 25K after owning it less than 3 years ).

Third/current: 2005 Saturn ION (since a Saturn protected me in a bad accident, I felt some brand loyalty was worthwhile; bought new with 13 miles on it and I've yet to cross 20K [obviously, I don't drive too far with any of mine]. Nickname? Elizabeth. Why? I like the name, and it sounds like "to live again," which was what happened to me, surving my wreck).

Ta dah!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    TI, did a passing comment here by myself (a.k.a. me ) inspire you for this thread?
    Yes, sir, you were the spark!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!