Hybrid View

Clone Wars - Clone Commander Cody

I haven't been buying many (any) of the Clone Wars figures, but I decided to give Clone Commander Cody from the second wave of figures a try.

I'll start by saying that I do in fact enjoy the new cartoon, and for what it's worth, I also happen to like the style of it. This figure manages to capture the look and stylization of the cartoon character very well I think.

Though simplistic, the figure is well sculpted. The overall paint application is decent, though again simplistic, but given that everything is neat and relatively error free, I think they did a fine job.

The build quality is surprisingly good with this figure. I was more than surprised to find that this spidery, almost mannerist version of a clone, has some really durable parts and pieces. The thing is very well put together, with some nice tight joints that enhance the value of its great articulation.

Just about the only complaint that I can think to raise, is that they may have accidentally reversed the shin pieces on my figure. But after a little boil-and-pop, I was able to set them right. (See the last photo for a comparison.)

As a result of its show accurate sculpt and well made parts (which it should be noted includes the accessories), I give this a very high play value rating. This toy is kid friendly, and to be honest, has encouraged me to pick up other figures from this particular line. Before this I'd only grabbed the Yoda figure, but wasn't impressed. Clone Commander Cody has far exceeded my expectations, and has reminded me once again, that Hasbro is capable of building fun toys if they really try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw10_cody01.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	18412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw10_cody02.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	18413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw10_cody05.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	18414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw10_cody06.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	18415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw10_cody16.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	18416  

I just can't convince myself to get a bunch of the Clone Wars stuff. I appreciate the style, but just don't want to spend the cash on what will basically be a subset of figures. (I'll probably pick up Anakin's padwan with the little huttling. Just too cute to pass up.)

I do dig that shoulder antenna, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineernerd View Post
    I just can't convince myself to get a bunch of the Clone Wars stuff.
    Ditto for me, but I do like the fact that this is a good line of toys for kids. Part (if not most) of my love for toys comes from the value that they hold as actual play things. These figures, and this one in particular, seem to strike a very nice balance between what's play friendly, and what's "collectible."

Something that we don't always see with Star Wars figures.

Going forward, I'll probably be a samplist... picking the few best figures of the most iconic or interesting characters. I've already found Ahsoka, and aside from the fact that it's a nice figure also, it represents the feature length cartoon to me. (Besides her and a few "first day of issue" clones, I doubt that I'll keep anything else carded for sure.)