Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up TMNT - 25th Anniversary Retro Releases!!

Some great news for fans of the old TMNT figure line. It's coming back to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Property. So it sounds like it will be like the Retro He-Man line that was introduced several years ago. Coolness!

From the press release for next year on http://www.ninjaturtles.com/ :
    On the retro front, Playmates is re-introducing the original awesome 1987 action figure line, twelve figures in all, including the four Turtles, Splinter, Shredder and more. These figures will feature a "tubular" nostalgic 25th anniversary package design with a random assortment of classic TV episodes from the inaugural season.
    There were 10 figures in the first year of TMNT figures. So I'm gonna guess...

1. Leonardo
    2. Donatello
    3. Michelangelo
    4. Raphael
    5. Splinter
    6. Shredder
    7. Rocksteady
    8. Bebop
    9. Krang
    10. Foot Soldier
    11. April O' Neil
    12. Casey Jones
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm actually hoping they expand beyond the first 12.

I'd love to see modern re-issues of Baxter Stockman, Leatherhead, etc.

Now if only Playmates or Neca could do modern versions of the figures. Like MOTU 2000.

I remember these figures being absolutely impossible to find back in 87-88. I don't think I ever saw one in stores until the 90s and by then my interest had shifted to something else.

Michaelangelo was always my favorite turtle, so I'll probably get that one and see if I like him enough to buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I remember these figures being absolutely impossible to find back in 87-88. I don't think I ever saw one in stores until the 90s and by then my interest had shifted to something else.

Michaelangelo was always my favorite turtle, so I'll probably get that one and see if I like him enough to buy anymore.
    I know. I was a wee lad then, but I remember looking for them. Luckily, my mum worked at a Children's Palace (remember those?!?!!) and went through 13 FREAKIN' CASES before she found me an April O'Neil figure. I still remember how giggly and elated I was when I finally got Super Shredder. Oh, memories.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yeah, April was a pain in the rear to find back in the day.

But even worse was Leatherhead. I never found him. Hence why I'd love to see him in the retro line.

Sounds good.....

I'd love to own another Muckman and Mondo Gecko also.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I'd love to see the retro line do well.

And then just like with MOTU back in the day, get a modern retro line.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Yeah, April was a pain in the rear to find back in the day.

But even worse was Leatherhead. I never found him. Hence why I'd love to see him in the retro line.
    And what luck, I have both (along with literally hundreds of other TMNT figures). Kind of a shame, being as I was a kid at the time, that they are all loose. Speaking of April, which is the rarer variation of the original figure, the one with the blue stripe on the yellow suit or the one without? I have the variant with the blue stripe.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I always loved the line from back in the day of TMNT. Lots of found memories of Muckman and Joe Eyeball, and that dude you could put water in his body and see the parts floating around.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    and that dude you could put water in his body and see the parts floating around.
    Mutagen Man!! He rules.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed