Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The M. Falcon novel is out

I saw it today at Meijer.

Dang! This year's the hard part, where so many books come out, school's in full force (mainly grading and projects), and my time to read is as rare as a strong, well-written and interesting EU novel. I'm about 4 chapters into the Order 66 book, so I might not get to the Falcon for a while.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

already? wow, cool

when it rains it pours
    I am halfway thru Order 66, haven't had the time to get to the new Coruscant Nights, and I still have some older Clone Wars novels I wanted to read before I started reading the Legacy line

I advise picking it up now, before the introductory sales price ends
    they always sell them for like 30% off when they are brand new

I look forward to reading this!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose
    great traders: jedigeorge6; jedi master sal; ncbarret; darkjedi5; cookiemonster; phantom-like menace

[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'm about 4 chapters into the Order 66 book, so I might not get to the Falcon for a while.
    Well, I have it now. The first chapter's pretty interesting, so I plan to head into this one at .5 past lightspeed.

since i haven't read any of the lagacy series it'll be awhile before i get to Falcon. but i did pick it up already.

Thumbs up

Now about 9 chapters in, this has the potential to be one of the best EU is long time. Good flashbacks, decent "current" storyline, and far enough away from the LegaSee-If-We-Can-Completely-Ruin-the-Appeal-of-SW-For-Our-Readers of the Force plot that I think I'll like it. Never had a ship as a main character before, I don't think, and it's working out quite fine.

Finished this last week. I thought it ended better then it began. I didn't care for the ship having some kind of personality, like it wanted to be part of the rebellion, although I did like reading about the MF's storied past.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Hmm, maybe I'll pick it up in paperback. Anybody know when that'll be coming?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hmm, maybe I'll pick it up in paperback. Anybody know when that'll be coming?
    Usually tends to be about 8 months after the hardback is released, so by that factoring it'd be around June '09. But I still (when the books are there) go the check-it-out-baby [from the library] method; that way, if it's a bad book, my sense of financial guilt it lessened.

But, I have one word about reading this novel so far that'll bring joy to your ears, readers:

LANDO.

I am liking this book more and more; I'm more than halfway done. Bringing in details from the great Han Solo and Lando Calrissian Adventures stories by Daley and Smith respectively, summarizing the events of the last 50-some years or so of the SW galaxy, as well as the two main storylines running parallel to each other; Luceno's done a great job. Can't wait to finish it soon.