Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

10th Anniv. of ANH: SE

Yep, back on January 31, 1997, Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope Special Edition was released.

Good times, those were.

Is anyone else suddenly hungry for Taco Bell?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I was delighted after standing in line to get my advance tickets, I dropped by Taco Bell, and saw the wonderful prizes they had. I was so sick of Taco Bell by the time they were done.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Wow, 10 years ago! I remember the days leading up to it, those were wild times, getting advance tickets and hanging out watching the unaltered films. I was the first person in line for the second showing at the Mann Chinese Theater in Hollywood, got interviewed on the news while standing there - I felt kind of like a doofus as I sorta seized up, but I did get a few "these are modern mythos" comments out before I went down in flames.

A few weeks before, I had recently joined the SW Fan Club and unexpectedly received in the mail 2 tickets to the Mann Westwood premiere (the one with Lucas and all the stars, the red carpet one), because I was new they didn't get them to me until the day of the event though. I so badly wanted to go and see it 3 weeks early and see all the stars, I finally got down there but it was too late, I had missed it all by a few hours. I still have the tix though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

One thing that still bugs me when watching Ep. IV(especially SE)...is that maestro John Williams needs to add a snippet of Vader's theme(Imperial March) just as he enters the Tantive IV corridor, for that musical continuity with the other saga films.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I waited a couple weeks after the opening to go see it. On Valentine's Day, the girl I was dating and I went to the movies and she picked ANH:SE. A couple months later, she chose to see Jurassic Park 2 on her birthday. I married her anyway, but I still can't believe I paid to see Jurassic Park 2.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I was the first person in line for the second showing at the Mann Chinese Theater in Hollywood....
    I was the first person in line for the midnight release of Metallica's S&M album.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I was the first person in line for the midnight release of Metallica's S&M album.
    You poor thing.

I remember seeing the SE movies in theaters. I only got to see 'em like once or twice apiece in theaters (compared to TPM's over 20 in theaters viewings) but it was worth it.

I just wish he'd re-re-release 'em again.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Greedo: Shooting first for ten years!

Tommy, close your eyes.

Wow, I was in my last semester of college. I can't believe it's been 10 years already.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    got interviewed on the news while standing there
    Someone look it up on YouTube.

I still find it hard to believe that my 11th grade astronomy class had seeing ANH approved as a class field trip by the school.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.