Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mr. Daniels and Mr. Best have new characters.

I was over at SW.com last night perusing the EPII cast list. Seems that now they've played extras in a coruscant nightclub scene they warrant having new character names to go with them.

Mr. Best - Achk Med-Beq
    Mr. Daniels - Leiutenent Faytonni

Love the names. Wonder if they have lines to warrant such status in the eschelongs of star wars characters?

Talking Extra names

I can see where they got Ahmed's name from (just a little twist on his real name), but I'm not sure about Anthony Daniel's. I know I'm probably going to get some flack from this, but shouldn't his extra name be Lieutenant Gaytonni? He is a little light in the loafers, neat, and is an unmarried older guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Look up the word 'fay' in the dictionary, it means 'fairy'. 'Tonni' is a deliberate mis-spelling of 'Tony'. Faytonni = fairy Tony. Quite possibly because of Anthony's Elven facial features perhaps...?
    Given that Anthony is not averse to self parody, I don't think this is in any way a detrimental move in naming his character this way. He probably suggested it himself.

Bless his little cotton socks......
    Last edited by Jargo; 08-25-2001 at 10:31 AM.

Any pictures of Achk Med-Beq?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

This is the only pic I could find. It's a screen capture from the documentary, but shows that he wears the same costume as Anthony Daniels. A blue uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    Look up the word 'fay' in the dictionary, it means 'fairy'. 'Tonni' is a deliberate mis-spelling of 'Tony'. Faytonni = fairy Tony. Quite possibly because of Anthony's Elven facial features perhaps...?
    Given that Anthony is not averse to self parody, I don't think this is in any way a detrimental move in naming his character this way. He probably suggested it himself.

Bless his little cotton socks......
    They should have worked in his Elvish background onto the back of the action figure card.

this thread don't work and I aint gonna wear it.

there must be better threads to dig up than this tosh surely?

there was an advert on telly here recently. Daniels did the voiceover, a psuedo threepio vocalisation. Is that all he can do? I thought the guy was a shakespearian actor before star wars? checking IMDB it appears he's had three or four small roles in run of the mill tv shows in the last few years but nothing noteworthy. he is however in he upcoming live action tv series. plus voicing the clone wars CGI show. WOO!

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    this thread don't work and I aint gonna wear it.

there must be better threads to dig up than this tosh surely?
    I'm afraid not, we're running out of water in that well.

If Steve would put up the old forums we could really go prospecting.

And no, Tony Daniels has unfortunately been locked into that C-3P0 costume (figuratively and literally) for his entire career, it seems.
    Even when he tried to move on to puppetry in AOTC, that got cut.