Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hellboy (3.75") Review

It's been a long time since I've been really excited waiting for a figure to come out. But, this one did it. I was about ready to plunk down the the money for the box set when I came across the single carded "Red" from Hellboy 2 at TRU. Let me say, I wasn't disappointed.

Check out my thoughts on the big red monkey here:

http://tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/hellboy_375.asp

Enjoy!
    Engineernerd

I found the "shirt" version that doesn't come with the Big-Baby shotgun. It's pretty much the same figure aside from the variation and missing accessory. I really like it, I may have to pick up some more.

Another great review EN. I LOVE these little Hellboy figures. Mr. Wink is a particular favorite.

I haven't been able to find Wink yet. (The other one I got was Krausse)

Was the the shirt version on a single card in a store?

Yes, he was on a blister card. I saw all of the others except for the shirt-less version.

Nice review. I haven't seen these in stores yet, haven't hit TRU in a while, but I did get the SDCC version (cigar-chomping head, shirt body, but otherwise the same) and on that figure, the Samaritan does fit in the holster, it looks like the same holster from those pics.

The SDCC version of this figure totally revamped my faith in Mezco, and put them at the forefront of 3.75" figure quality, they're the winners of that scale when you take sculpt, paint, accessories, articulation, and price into account.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The SDCC version of this figure totally revamped my faith in Mezco, and put them at the forefront of 3.75" figure quality, they're the winners of that scale when you take sculpt, paint, accessories, articulation, and price into account.
    Couldn't agree more. I was at TRU yesterday and they had a ton of these, and had the two above mentioned "Red" variants (shirt/closed mouth; no shirt/open mouth); I grabbed the Red I didn't have yet and passed the DC Infinite Heroes and there was just no comparison. Imagine if Mezco got the Indy license. I think they could do well by that line.

nice looking figure. might have to pick some of these guys up to populate my Cantina and Jabba's Palace dioramas.

haven't seen Hellboy 2 so I eagerly awaiting it on DVD or HBO or something. big fan of the Hellboy comics and the first movie though.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I haven't seen the 3-3/4" figures. My TRU has the 7" line though. After seeing that pic of HB fighting those Indy German soldiers I think I'd like to have some more HB figs in this scale. An SS Kroenen and Ilsa would be a great start.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDubya View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I was at TRU yesterday and they had a ton of these, and had the two above mentioned "Red" variants (shirt/closed mouth; no shirt/open mouth); I grabbed the Red I didn't have yet and passed the DC Infinite Heroes and there was just no comparison. Imagine if Mezco got the Indy license. I think they could do well by that line.
    Comparing DC Infinite Heroes to Mezco's 3.75" line is like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo. But yeah, Mez could have really ripped up the Indy line, they're doing Freddy Krueger next in this scale and it looked really good at Comic-Con, they seem to have this scale down cold.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    haven't seen Hellboy 2 so I eagerly awaiting it on DVD or HBO or something. big fan of the Hellboy comics and the first movie though.
    It was good, I was glad I saw it in theaters. In many ways, it surpasses the first one by miles. This movie is a much more fully-realized universe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.