Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hasbro Please bring back Action Fleet

I for one would love to see Hasbro bring back the Action Fleet line with full force and have both vehicles and playsets from all forms of Star Wars (ie PT, OT,CW, EU etc) get the plastic treatment.

I think it's the right time for Hasbro to focus on this line with the recent success of the CW cartoon and the still popularity of the Star Wars license in general. What are your thoughts. I posted a question in the Questions Round-Up section and hope it gets enough votes to be asked at the next Hasbro Q&A.

I think if Hasbro was to redesign the line so that each wave consisted of 2 vehicles from each of the areas, PT,OT,CW & EU, there would be very few pegwarmers and fans wouold buy them for the chance to own perhaps some of the vehicles that Hasbro may never make for the 3 3/4 inch line. Also this wouold be a great way for fans to get some larger ships like Star Destroyers, Command Ships etc, as well as small scale playsets.

So what are your thoughts ? I have a list of wishes for this line but want to wait and see what the fan base has to say about the idea before posting the list.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Action Fleet forever! Need this line back now! And minifigures are a must, people want so many ships to interact with figures that you're never gonna do, with AF you can.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would like to see the Action Fleet return, I was just starting to get into the line when it was cancelled back in 2002. I thought it would have been a great way to give us toys of vehicles that we will likely never see in the 3 3/4" line. The SPHA-T and Droid Control ships, for instance. These are vehicles that I like enough to spend $10-$15 on a small toy of, but don't like enough to spend $100-$150 on a massive toy that will take up an entire tabletop.

I never had much use for the minifigs, however, and don't really care one way or the other if they are included or not. In fact, sometimes I felt that the look of a vehicle suffered some because they needed to find a way to make the mini figs fit inside of them. The Y-Wing and the B-Wing are the prime examples of that for me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I would like to see the Action Fleet return, I was just starting to get into the line when it was cancelled back in 2002.
    Same here... both sentiments. Took me a long time to find some of the rare ones cheaply... finally got the last one I wanted last year (Alpha Droid Fighter).

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I felt that the look of a vehicle suffered some because they needed to find a way to make the mini figs fit inside of them. The Y-Wing and the B-Wing are the prime examples of that for me.
    I didn't notice it as much with the fighters... the larger ships like the Tantive IV and Tyderium suffered even worse, IMO. The B-Wing was not an AF highlight, though.

I like the figures, too. I like to have a pilot in the cockpit, when possible. They're just kewl.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have AF back. Doesn't sound likely... sadly, Hasbro guns it down every time.

I'll probably pick up that Transformers Grievous fighter as a crap oversized AF substitute. No figures with them anymore either!
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Heck Yes!!!!!!!!

I stated before in the vehicle polls that I would like to see most of those made in the AF scale. I agree with BigB that there are a lot of ships and vehiclse that could do well that I would not buy in the 3.75 scale. While Hasbro has been making a bunch of vehicles in the Titanium line, the small scale severely limits the appropriate level of detail and deco. For this reason I've never collected Titanium or the older Micro Machines.

As for included fig's... I could take 'em or leave 'em.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Here here! I want Action Fleet!

Sure would like to see all the new ships that we've seen in Star Wars since the last AF we got. Figures to go with that too.

Then re-issue a few that were extremely hard to get like the Landing Craft, Sith Infiltrator, Royal Starship, AAT Tank.

I figure if Hasbro was to give us 3 different classes of Action Fleet vehicles the lone could really work and not suffer from detail and size issues. the way i pictured it was like this.

Speeder Class - this is the small scale craft like Air Taxi's, landspeeders, speeder bike's etc

Starfighter Class - classic starfighters from the OT & PT (X-Wings, TIE's, Droid Starfighters, Jedi Starfighters etc )

Voyager Class - larger than the starfighters and more figures ( Millennium Falcon, Shuttles, etc)

Crusier Class - this would be for Star Destroyers, Rebel Crusiers, etc ( this might be also a very cool way to remake the Executor, Devastator, and Tantive IV)

then i figure they can give us some cool playsets similiar to the Micro Machine ones just bigger and better. i see maybe a Hoth set, the Death Star, Endor,Geonosis, Naboo (Theed), Tatoonie, Mustafar,
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Lightbulb

I started collecting SW with Action Fleet and MicroMachines. I went collecting higher end only after Action Fleet and MM were canceled, otherwise I would be still collecting these really cool ships, vehicles and playsets. My SW collecting revolves around AF and MM. Bring back Action Fleet!!
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Meh. I don't mind AF, but really don't see what the fuss is all about. Personally I only bought a few, basically just the ones I REALLY liked as the centre-pieces of my MM/Titanium collections.

I remember buying almost every AF vehicle at TRU on clearance back in the day. I'm still in need of about 10 of them still.

I'd definitely be down for these to come back out. Don't jazz 'em up too much either. They've gotta have that old AF look and feel to 'em.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!