Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

silver anniversary flub?

I was in a New Jersey Target store earlier today. I found 2 "mispackaged?" items. I found the original POTF2 Luke and Leia in one and the original POTF2 Han and Chewie in another. Both pairs were on a non-detailed trapezoid-shaped grey base - without accessories. What's that about? Please reply. Thanks.

Re: silver anniversary flub?

Originally posted by yoda14meola
    I was in a New Jersey Target store earlier today. I found 2 "mispackaged?" items. I found the original POTF2 Luke and Leia in one and the original POTF2 Han and Chewie in another. Both pairs were on a non-detailed trapezoid-shaped grey base - without accessories. What's that about? Please reply. Thanks.
    Sounds like another case of some collector ripping off the stores. Same thing has occured in the past with stuff like this. Like people putting original R2-D2's in the Royal Starship. Store's really need to start inspecting returns, especially in the case of Star Wars. For cripes sake there is a picture right on the box for what the set is supposed to look like. *sigh* So, these will sit on the shelves probably almost forever, guranteeing that they won't order anything new. I suggest you bring this to the store manager's attention on your next trip there.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I argued with the manager about it citing that the package clealy shows diff figures and that the other packages are different.

But how do you explain the different base? unlike anything i've seen. It had holes for those wires which were wrapped around the feet. Its odd.

Are you sure it's not the 25th anniversary two packs? They have a weird base.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Perhaps someone stole the bases too, and replaced them with something else.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Perhaps someone stole the bases too, and replaced them with something else.
    Sounds like it, I know for a fact that the 25th anniversary sets don't come on "non-detailed trapezoid-shaped grey bases". I dunno what to tell you, if the Manager is to dense to see the truth that someone is ripping the store off I suggest you either go under his head to someone in the toy department. Or over his head and talk to someone else there. Most stores have more then one manager, so you should be able to find someone that will listen. If not, call or email the head office, and tell them that someone is ripping off your local target, give them the manager's name that won't do anything about it and they will be sure to take care of it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

No doubt about it.....JarJar is right. (Wait.....that sounds weird....I never pictured myself saying that.....)

Definately a rip-off. Once I found a Death Star Escape cinema scene where all three figs. were replaced with three 99 cent Star Force figures. I also found a Luke Wampa with a POTF2 Tatooine Luke hanging upside down. It's funny yet annoying at the same time.

Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
    No doubt about it.....JarJar is right. (Wait.....that sounds weird....I never pictured myself saying that.....)
    Admitting that I'm right is one of the signs of the coming Apocalypse. J/K

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-19-2002 at 02:52 AM.

could it possibly be that someone at hasbro or on the assembly line stuck them in the box? could it possibly be a proto type or mock-up of the actual toy? or am i just stretching it?

Pretty much anything is possible, but on this one, I'd say the probability of this being the case is so remote that you'd have better odds successfully navigating A DOZEN asteroid fields. In other words, realistically, from your description, I'd say there's virtually no possibility of these coming out of Hasbr this way. I see this all the time with 12" and 3 3/4" SW figures - it's especially boxed stuff like cinema scenes because the box can be sealed back up with tape and most employees will never know that the wrong products are in the sealed box.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.