Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hologram on election night

CNN will be having an Obama campaign strategist appear via hologram. Hmm, this could look pretty cool if it works out. But it kind of seems even more unnecessary than their giant electoral map.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If the hologram bounces Michigan, I'll switch over from NBC (network). I just think the nostalgia factor of having Tom Brokaw one more time due to Russert's death will work out in their favor.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I heard they tried this at the White House, but had to uninstall everything soon after due to Cheney constantly shooting at the large floating heads. He continues to claim that he was under the impression he was shooting at the rare monkey-faced dodo bird - latin name; Duncius Dubyaius.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

This could be the only reason why I tune in.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

So, I caught a vid on their website of it, it's BS, not at all a hologram from what I can tell, just more on-screen graphics tricks, it's silly. And they put them in a blue halo, poor woman who was talking to Blitzer from her holo-tent had that blue border making her butt look big.

Now there's another one on, it's Will. I. Am talking to Andy Cooper. I'm watching it on TV, and it's got the liney stuff, I suspect this is a little faked, that CNN is making it look more like a holo than it really does, that they're CG'ing phony holo effects into it.

Also, Cooper was working hard on his eyeline, my guess is he's not seeing anything other than a red disk on the floor.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, it looks quite ridiculous and pointless. I don't think it's an on-screen trick, as right now Anderson Cooper is talking to will.i.am for some unknown reason via hologram and they spent a few seconds talking about how it looks like Star Wars or Star Trek. Because there's NOTHING else to talk about tonight.

But, it could just be a trick, I don't know. Either way, it looks bad.

the SW nerd in me thinks this is awesome. Oddly done and a trick, but awesome.

I want somebody to say, "help me anderson cooper, you're my only hope."

Frankly, i'd say something like, "help me Soledad o' brien, you're my only hope!"
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

If I had a hologram of Soledad O'Brien here, I wouldn't do much talking.

She also looked stretched sideways in some angles, pretty badly done. But yeah, I was expecting some sort of 3D projection since there have been some advances in that field, just none that are practical so far. I hoped maybe someone got it to a point where it was almost practical, just too expensive for anyone without a major financial backing. I'm insulted by their lies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What's funny is the peanut gallery on their set applauded like it really was there. I'd love to be wrong, that they really had a hologram instead of a camera trick going, but I suspect that's not the case.

But I guess whatever it takes to get people to watch, eh?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.