Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What is the worst thing you ever did to a vintage figure?

I ran over figures with a lawn mower because I wanted "dead" guys. Blue Snaggletooth was one of those figures . I also barbequed a stormtrooper. I also convinced my best friend to open his mint carded 12-backs (he was saving them because he thought they would be worth something some day) so we could line them up and hurl rocks at them.

Those were some of the best days of my life
    Last edited by ThomasLane; 10-01-2001 at 11:30 PM.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Re: What is the worst thing you ever did to a vintage figure?

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    I also convinced my best friend to open his mint carded 12-backs (he was saving them because he thought they would be worth something some day) so we could line them up and hurl rocks at them.
    I bet he regrets that thats tough!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I dropped rocks on them from a large tree in the back yard. My Hoth Leia now has some "dents" in her face, my Yoda's left leg is splinted to the right with a rubber band, and my Hoth Soldier had to be glued at the pelvis. All my others pretty much survived the ordeal.

Thumbs up

Hmmm...i threw R2-D2 (normal version) from a third floor...result: Nothing!!! Just a scratch, but it didnt break!!
    As always...........L

Ahh, action figure torture, one of my favorite memories. I put drill holes through, bit hands off of, tore limbs from, melted with magnifying glasses, tied firecrackers to, and dropped off of roofs more vintage Star Wars and G.I. Joe figures than I care to number now. My old Lobot's face was rubbed on concrete, giving him a very disfigured appearance, that's the one that bothers me most now, cause he's one of the few I have left. Oh, and I remember biting the hand off of vintage Jedi Knight Luke because I wanted his hand to come off like when Vader cut it off. Wait, I think I did that last week.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Unfortunately, the worst I ever did to vintage figures was ignore them, especially the coined ones. Sigh.

Wasn't there a thread like this in the old forums?

I smashed Yoda into tiny pieces with a hammer because his little hunchback annoyed me.

I cut off Bespin Leia's hands and feet, and nose with a pair of toenail clippers.

I popped apart my B-Wing Pilot and My Rebel Endor trooper and rearranged their limbs. Then I smashed the Endor trooper's torso and then retaped him with packing tape (eventually I lost all his pieces).

I left Boba Fett in a standing lamp and turned it on and melted his legs into a sticky goo on the lightbulb.

DeathStar Trooper, Imperial Commander, Bespin Luke, Boskk, IG-88 and Classic Luke all lost heads or limbs through normal "rough play".

Just about all my figures have that yellow "played in the bathtub" discoloration on them. Especially Snowtrooper.

Arrow

I didn't do too many "worst" things to my figures, but I figure (pun always intended!) burying them in sand or water, as well as in the bathtub, wasn't great for their condition. Drawing holsters and blast marks, as well as my initials on the feet (on the thighs for those figures like Walrus Man with black boots) was a tad destructive, I suppose.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I fed Paploo to my dog, who happily chewed the poor little guy's legs off.

I smashed Threepio to bits with a rock.

Plus, I would always take Artoo into the bathtub with me, totally oblivious to the fact that his body detail was a paper sticker and his whole body was held together by a less than rustproof screw.

For the most part, I took good care of my figures since I didn't really have too many of them.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I once burnt a Darth Vader figure,I had about 5 of them anyway so I wasn't that worried at all,he went up in flames
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious