Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    It's definitely a museum for the WWII enthusist. I could've easily spent the entire day there but glad for the time that I did.

Next Sunday, July 27, WGN is starting a new series called Manhattan, about the people who worked on the Manhattan Project.

There's a half-hour preview program that's been airing heavily for the last week. I caught it and found it interesting.

I submitted a few more photos to NavSource for LCT 1071:
    http://www.navsource.org/archives/10/18/181071.htm

And we just keep getting better on our website for the 416th Bomb Group Archive of the 9th Air Force. Too many updates to list. Please check it out!

http://www.416th.com/

My new intrigue is trying to track down information on the German POW camp that was in my county and following leads about it that I've heard from various sources locally and online. I just wish I had more time to pursue this....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And I thought this thread was about racy pin-ups from the '40s...

I love biogs, especially if someone I know knows them.
    Thanks for the SIGNED COPY I received in the mail the other day! Can't wait to see all those pin-ups... or inspirational heroes of the war. Now I just need to make the time to get to reading!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

You are welcome, sir! I hope you find the book interesting.

I had hoped it would have reached you sooner, before the end of summer. Alas, it was not to be.

Yet again missing the annual reunion of the heroes of the 416th Bomb Group. This year the reunion is being held in Indianapolis. College tuition is the priority...

Sad to hear that only 7 veterans are in attendance. We've loss so many in recent years. Members are well into their 90s with one wonderful gentleman on the doorstep of the century mark!

A friend of mine (and 2-1B's) moved to Portland this week and he told me there is a buzz around town about a 6 part WW II mini series being shot but he didn't know anything more then that. I fired up the Google machine and found out that the duo that brought you the finest mini series every created (Band of Brothers) and the huge follow up let down (The Pacific) are teaming up do another series this time its about the 8th Airforce. It will be based on the book "Masters of the Air" and follow the enlisted men of the "Mighty 8th." This should be pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    A friend of mine (and 2-1B's) moved to Portland this week and he told me there is a buzz around town about a 6 part WW II mini series being shot but he didn't know anything more then that. I fired up the Google machine and found out that the duo that brought you the finest mini series every created (Band of Brothers) and the huge follow up let down (The Pacific) are teaming up do another series this time its about the 8th Airforce. It will be based on the book "Masters of the Air" and follow the enlisted men of the "Mighty 8th." This should be pretty cool!
    I remember reading that this project was going to happen but hadn't heard or read anything new about it since. So this is good news.

The 9th Air Force would be MUCH more interesting!

Finished the book today (it will likely be my only book read in September... but if that ends up so, it's a good one to read). Sad to hear what happened with that flight, but an honor to know his family has kept his memory and heroism alive. And someone (some7? ) here at SSG got himself quoted a couple times in it!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega