Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wave 3

Wave 3

I received my Wave 3 case pack from StarWarsShop in the mail today.

I'm liking the accessories A LOT more in this wave. The handheld holographs that come with Dooku and Ventress are nice. The IG droid comes with a back pack that his blasters clip onto. And of course, Plo Koon comes with the awesome lightsaber gauntlet. The Threepio bubble is mighty empty, though. Since he doesn't really do much anyway (other than whine ), they gave him glowing eyes. Instead of being on top of the head like with the old jawas, it's on the back of his head. It works ok. You might look a little weird if someone walks in and you're holding your threepio figure up to a lamp.

The animated style works a lot better with Plo Koon, who doesn't differ all that much from his film counterpart. It still looks awkward to me on Dooku since it's so exaggerated. It doesn't work so well when the beard is longer than the face.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wave3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	18539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wave3(2).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	18540  

Awesome. was hoping to find these guys soon. the pegs here have been dry for about 2-3 weeks since i found wave 4. here's hoping they start showing up at retail.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Nice get. There isn't 1 figure I don't want from this wave, this wave when I saw it at Comic-Con was what got me to give this line a chance at all. Kinda sick of trying to track this stuff down, but CW hasn't been as troublesome for me as TLC.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

These came in at my Target Thursday last week, so they are out there.

Found Dooku and Droid tonight at a Target.

I really like this wave thus far. Dooku looks really solid. Hopefully I find more soon.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I picked up Dooku, 3po, and IG88 last night at target.

Really cool figures, now the hunt is on for Ventress.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I haven't seen anything from wave 2 aside from the Super Battle Droid (one of the coolest figures from this line) and the clean Clonetrooper, but this entire wave showed up today (sans Ventress of course).

I only picked up Threepio and the Droideka, but Dooku, Plo Koon and the IG Assassin Droid look really good. The detail work on everything is amazing, you can tell this line is where Hasbro is really focusing their efforts.

This is probably my favorite version of Threepio so far. Mainly because the lack of vac-metallization allows him to finally be super-articulated. Even though I was afraid to move him at all, at first, because he just looks so delicate.

The Droideka is also really cool, probably the best version of this droid as well. Unfortunately one of the pegs for the missile launchers broke off when I was pulling them off his arms (they're supposed to be removable), but that's fine, I never planned to display him with those in place anyway.

I still need the SBD and Ahsoka from Wave 2, haven't seen any of Wave 3.

I buy things all the time from StarWarsShop but i cant seem to find the W3 cased set or any W3 cards on the site. Please help me out im trying to get this set asap.

Thinking of buying it here : http://www.brianstoys.com/store/Prod...W3CWAVE3SETOF6

Any thoughts as to where to get the whole set soon?

Plz and Thx

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTrooper420 View Post
    I buy things all the time from StarWarsShop but i cant seem to find the W3 cased set or any W3 cards on the site. Please help me out im trying to get this set asap.

Thinking of buying it here : http://www.brianstoys.com/store/Prod...W3CWAVE3SETOF6

Any thoughts as to where to get the whole set soon?

Plz and Thx
    TRU has them in stock and has FREE shipping.
    http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....atId=&view=all