Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do you segregate Animated from Movie figures?

I am finding that with my love of the new animated series, and the look of the figures, I feel no need to seperate the lines in any way. Specifically, I dont need to see "realistic" movie versions of Ahsoka, Anakin or anyone.

To me they found the right look for this line that strays from the blocky animated look of the miniseries figures, while maintaining a pseudo-animated/realistic look. I have actually bought six figures from this line, and havent purchased any of the movie lines in months.

[FONT=Courier New]I haven't really been collecting the animated figures, in fact other than the main characters, I have been selling the clones that come with the AT-TE and the Speeder Bikes to a local toy shop.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I am however going to do something special for a few of the figures.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I am going to get a couple of these: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=16733361&itemIndex=1&CATID= 233&PRODID=10022884[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]And in one of them, I am going to put Anakin, Rex, and 6 of the Wal-Mart 501st troopers and the other will have Obi Wan, Cody, and 6 of the 212th troopers (when they come out).[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I have a friend/customer with an egraving machine who can make up name plates for each one.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think they'll look pretty cool when they all finished.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

You're not supposed to segregate them. It's illegal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I want to separate them, but until they make a more realistic Ahsoka, I can't.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I separate them when I put them up for display, at least I did with the last Clone Wars figures from the cartoon series. They don't look right together me thinks.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I segregate them fully from my regular figures, they just don't look right. I have my VOTC R2-D2 next to my CW R2-D2 (i have a bunch of different R2s together), and it's clear they don't go together at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I keep my animated and movie figures separate, but of course, all are still equal.

I only own three of the current CW cartoon figures (R2, Ahsoka, & SBD); I doubt I'll get any others from the first two waves.

Still, I have a fondness for animated figures that dates back to the first ones I got in the mid-80s.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I'm still in the extremely slow-going process of putting my SW room together (I only get an hour or so every few weeks, since whenever I go home, I get sidetracked with other crap), but I'm planning on keeping the animated stuff to itself. I mean, it just doesn't look right with the realistic figures. There will be more than enough entries in this line to have it be its own display, though, between the insane amounts of vehicle repaints they already have out and the upcoming stuff.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I keep my animated and movie figures separate, but of course, all are still equal.
    Obi-Wan and R2 and others are smaller than their realistic counterparts, while Clone Troopers are taller. That is not equality!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.