insuring a collection...

Does anyone here have their collection insured? I do not, and I really don't know if it is a practical idea. I doubt I could afford to insure my boxed stuff for what it's worth to me sentimentally, since it is practically piriceless in that respect. But I get paranoid sometimes about fire or theft, and I was just wondering if anyone else knew anything about the insurance question.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Exclamation yoiks!

never really thought about that before swafguy

i guess the best form of insurance we've taken here in the jansen household has been opening up every last one of em, and gettin' a life time of fun playin' with em:happy:

but you do raise a good point.

the only one's that i have not opened are the individually numbered, initial release af, as well as the zaap pack. i do confess that i am holding on to those for future collectability

hmmmmmmm, maybe i need to think about insuring those.....
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

i did not mean to cause anyone alarm....

as I said before, the truth is I could not put a monetary value on what it has meant to me to come this far with the collection. Between the joys of time spent with my kids, seeing them as excited as me - well almost - when new boxes arrive in the mail, to hearing the thrill in their voices as they bring friends up to see everything, and finding this forum and the great people here, there is no way an insurance plan would be willing to factor in that sentimental value. I suppose they could insure it for a decent estimate of the replacement value, but it somehow would never be the same.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Insurance

When My wife and I bought our home, our insurance agent had a category for something like "valuables and collectibles". I asked and they said it would include my collection. I spent I think 3 hours figuring a dollar amount based on a price guide in a sw collector magazine (which listed the Tie Defender being worth $10-$15). Whatever amount I told them I'm sure it's below replacement cost. I never thought it would all be worth anything- who'da thunk!