Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

New Rumoured Titanium Ships

Dan Curto of Rebelscum has scooped everyone again (he must be part-Bothan) and has provided a list of upcoming rumoured ships:

New Tools
    -Twilight
    -Republic Attack Shuttle (confirmed as NU class from CW)
    -Neimodian Shuttle
    -Gold Squadron Y-Wing (likely from CW)

Repaints/Retreads
    -Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter (repaint?!? why is this in here?)
    -Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (repaint)
    -X-Wing Fighter (another repaint?)
    -Clone Wars ARC-170 (another repaint?)
    -Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (repaint?!? why is this in here?)
    -Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (repaint?)

A few new tools announced in there... look like more of the same repaint overload from Hasbro. How very "meaningful". And we've been waiting for a bunch of these since the Q&A's... we were told many were due this year. Sigh.

The only drawback to starfighters in the TS is the ridiculous number of repaints they shovel out.

I am pretty stoked about the Neimodian Shuttle... wanted one of those for a long time. I'll be glad to see a CW Y-Wing, Twilight, and Attack Shuttle, too.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Geez, they really use those Jedi Starfighters way too much. The only JSF repaint(s) that I would be okay with at this point would be a Mace-purple AOTC-style JSF and an Aayla ROTS-style JSF. I suppose they'll be making the CW-style Jedi Starfighters though, with the astromech socket in the center and will release those in all the contrived flavors.

Of course, it's even worse that they want to release the ROTS-style JSF with the hyperdrive ring, meaning yet again they'll have a reason to cycle through the various schemes. Insanely annoying.

The ARC-170 repaints are even worse though, it's a fascinating ship and it was awesome on it's first release, BUT it's far too boring of a ship to repaint! Considering the only thing it does is that it's canopy raises to reveal just a flat surface, it is NOT a good ship to keep rereleasing in not just made-up color schemes, but boring ones as well. Green with a few stripes? [i]Really?[i/] That's the best they could think of?

I just wish they would stick to reasonable repaints, such as;
    -Mace Windu AOTC-style JSF
    -Aayla Secura's ROTS-style JSF (apparently planned)
    -Red 6 X-Wing
    -Red Leader X-Wing
    -"Stealth/Shadow" Speederbike w/ Scout Trooper
    -Rebel "Gian" Speeder (Battlefront) (mold exists from TPM Die-cast line)
    -Imperial TX-130 Tank (Battlefront)
    -Vulture Droid (TPM scheme)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...umber=HS35250G

1x Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter
    1x Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars)
    1x Twilight
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars)
    1x Gold Squadron Gold 1 Y-Wing Fighter
    1x X-Wing Fighter Red 1
    1x ARC-170 Fighter (Clone Wars)
    1x Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring
    1x Republic Attack Shuttle
    1x Nemoidian Shuttle
    2x Prince Xizor's Virago

The Virago, really? I'll believe it when I see it but that would be fantastic.

Looking forward to the attack shuttle, too.

On an unrelated note: Anyone know why the droid socket was moved for the Clone Wars Jedi fighters? Was it done to allow R2-D2 to fit in Anakin's fighter (rather than a built-in droid)?

Yes! The Virago! Strange that it wasn't mentioned by Curto yesterday... Bothan transmission issues, I guess.

Anyhoo, I'd love to have a TS version... can't wait. I always liked the design of that ship... and both the AF and WOTC versions are kewl. The pinkish WOTC version is just slightly smaller than TS scale but it still rocks. Wonder which colour they'll go with?

Y'know LT, I'm just so fed up with almost all of the starfighter repaints... I really could live without any more... though I wouldn't mind a ROTS JSF with hyperspace ring. I just don't need 12 versions of it though.

I'd expect that we'll see the Gian Speeder re-released... and I think we'll see the TX-130 again as a repaint. You know there'll be scads of X-Wings, speederbikes, and JSFs... endless uninspired repaints, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

And I'm still fracked off about the Basestar. Grrr. The Virago does cheer me up a bit, though.

Nightside, here's what Wookiepedia says about the Delta 7B:

The main difference between the Delta-7B and its predecessor, the Delta-7, was an enlarged center hull that allowed for an astromech droid station in front of the cockpit, rather than to the side of the cockpit. The laser cannons, which were reduced to a single pair, were also raised above the ship. Plo Koon also flew a Delta-7B. Ahsoka Tano, also flies a Red and White Delta-7B. Anakin Skywalker flew at least one yellow and gray Delta-7B that was destroyed.

Still doesn't say why you'd want a droid mounted in the centre... I'd guess it's to keep buzz droids off the hull (and blind the pilot).

It's so that the droid can come out - think of it as a step in between the more common AotC and RotS starfighters. After all although the original Delta-7 had an advantage in that you didn't have to worry about bringing a droid - it was already there - you couldn't take it with you on missions. On the other hand the Delta-7B has the removable droid, but you have to make sure you can get one.

Oh I had a thought too - I wonder if Hasbro is going to repaint the Virago and call it a 'Basilisk War Droid' from KotOR2?

Nice new stuff. Virago is great news, and there are some other nifty entries there. Republic Attack Shuttle and CW Y-wing are really exciting as well.

Don't be so concerned about the reissues & repaints, they are a necessary part of the line to keep casual collector interest going which in turns keeps the whole line going. I'll admit they overdo it on this line, but I understand why.

The TX-130 has a couple justifiable repaints. In SW Battlefront, it's a Republic craft and an Imperial one.

Moving the droid socket almost assuredly was to get R2-D2 into more stories.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Windu View Post
    It's so that the droid can come out...
    Y'know, I'd never given it much thought ...always assumed that the droid was in a slot and there was some way to pop it outta there.

Erm, duh.

This is especially lame considering that I built and painted the Finemolds model version of the ship!

Mmm.... much more have I to learn from the Force...

found this on EE today. it shows the CW starfighter and as well as the Rebel TIE Fighter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HS35250EElg.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	18615  
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hey, look at that, Z-95 Headhunter in Hasbro photos!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.