Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wave 5

Then why did the first pic we saw of it have knees?

Ha, I like how they're moving away from the original animated series but they gave Kit a version of the SCUBA Trooper's backpack.

I like the battle droid's weapon; it looks like the boarding ship.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Nobody else is saddened by that. We're saddened by the fact that there's another Jar Jar figure at all.
    Bite your tongue! The figure is awesome.

And I love that we're finally getting more Jar Jars.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    The backpack is a different sculpt.
    Which is why I said "a version of the SCUBA Trooper's backpack," not "the exact same backpack." Compare them, though, and this new one was obviously based off of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Bite your tongue! The figure is awesome.

And I love that we're finally getting more Jar Jars.
    Amen. I don't think it was the lack of popularity of the character was the cause of the dearth of new Jar Jar figures. There was simply very few choices of what to do with the figure. We got a basic fig, the "swimming" fig, and the Senate Robes fig. There were no real other outfits or scenarios that justified a new figure. With the animated series, they finally got something different enough to warrant a new figure, and from the looks of the pic they nailed it completely. So for now - well done Hasbro!
    Please, please please let CV be on the east coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Bib Un-Fortuna View Post
    Amen. I don't think it was the lack of popularity of the character was the cause of the dearth of new Jar Jar figures. There was simply very few choices of what to do with the figure. We got a basic fig, the "swimming" fig, and the Senate Robes fig. There were no real other outfits or scenarios that justified a new figure. With the animated series, they finally got something different enough to warrant a new figure, and from the looks of the pic they nailed it completely. So for now - well done Hasbro!
    Though we do still need his two Senate Robes done.

The one they did was in a strange action pose. And the cooler one from Padme's Apartment hasn't been done at all.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Then why did the first pic we saw of it have knees?
    As far as I know, that was your imagination. The picture was vague, you saw the painted lines and assumed they were jointed knees.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.