Thank you veterans

I just wanted to post my feelings of appreciation and gratitude to all of you out there who have served, and to those of you who currently serve.

The brave men and women who serve(d) our country can never hear this enough:

Thank you, and we love you.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Here here!! I second that.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Leave it to the old guy to not see this and post in another thread.......

Thank you, vets!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Leave it to the old guy to not see this and post in another thread.......

Thank you, vets!
    LoL, there can never be too many threads or expressions of gratitude!!

I have to brag a bit...yesterday I had my classes make thank you cards for our local vets. We also have a teacher on staff who served in Vietnam, so we all took a large posterboard and wrote notes along with our signatures and presented it to him.

My students annoy the heck out of me alot...but yesterday was a day that I won't forget. They made me very, very proud. The ownership and sense of pride they took in making these cards was phenominal. The VFW is closed today, so I will be delivering the cards tomorrow.

So I figured I would capture a couple of them just to show off a bit. It is a proud moment for me not only as a teacher, but as a citizen.

For any of you here at SSG that serve or did serve, consider these made for you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	18567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	18568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 003.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	18569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	18570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 006.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	18571  

"You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    LoL, there can never be too many threads or expressions of gratitude!!

I have to brag a bit...yesterday I had my classes make thank you cards for our local vets.

So I figured I would capture a couple of them just to show off a bit. It is a proud moment for me not only as a teacher, but as a citizen.

For any of you here at SSG that serve or did serve, consider these made for you!!
    I did that a few years back with my students writing brief letters of thanks, in fact I made it the only mandatory assignment for the year. I said if you didn't show gratitude to them, then you should show up for school instead of taking the day off. I mailed them to the "local" (still about 25 miles away) veterans' hospital.

Props out there to all of you whose day this is! :salute:
    "That's what Sheev said."

While I was deployed, we received a stack of letters from young grade school children thanking us for our service. It was wonderful to see so much support from our young people.

I just want to take a second to thank you all for sending these out to our vets and our troops down range. It means a lot to know that we have your support.

Good night and happy Veterans Day!
    May the force be with you.