Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm Having Emergency Surgery On Monday

My catheter in my chest might be failing. Dialysis on Friday didnít go so well and Iíve been ordered to report for a new surgical proceedure to place another catheter. My artery theyíre using for dialysis might be collapsing.

This is just great. On top of it, my grandmother is 91 and suffering from multiple strokes and lays dying in a hospital about a 90 minute drive away. I have been going to visit her nightly - often after dialysis at my home treatment center.

I donít even know if the changes in nurses at my dialysis center has helped bring this about. The LVN who worked with me for nearly 6 months never had a problem with my dialyzing. Now the RN whoís rotated to serving my area in the clinic is having problems. I just donít trust her competance.

Not only that, but on Monday, I think I will have to report for surgery entirely alone. My family is with my grandma, as they should be. This is fun.

Ouch. I'm really sorry to hear it.

I really hope everything goes well.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Damn dude, i'm sorry to hear that.

Best wishes with your surgery and with your grandmother.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Tycho this is just a bump in the road. You will bounce back in no time.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Sorry to hear it Josh. I hope all goes well with you and your grandmother.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Man, Josh. You unfortunately just can't catch a break can you? Like was said above, it's just another little bump in the road. Things are definitely gonna get better. I've gotta have SOMEWHERE to stay when come through San Diego again!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Think positively. May not seem like much, but it can't hurt, either. We're pulling for you. Ask them to choose "Mouse Droid" scent for your anesthesia.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Best wishes to you and your grandmother Josh.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Good luck Tycho (Josh),

I hope all goes well for you & your grandmother.

TC & Peace

DB
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!