Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2nd Annual 2008 SSG Holiday Movie Challenge!

Welcome to the Second Annual (2008) SirStevesGuide Holiday Movie (and TV Show/Cartoon) Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!!!

This challenge will begin November 24th @ 12:00am and will end January 1st @ 11:59 pm. This challenge is starting about a week earlier than last year's so that we can include the Thanksgiving holiday.

Here is a link to last year's (2007) challenge.

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length holiday movie or TV show or cartoon between the designated time frame (Nov. 24th- January 1st) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie title or the TV show and episode name, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie/tv show watched, the year it was released, who starred in it, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement being that the movie, TV show or cartoon should predominantly take place during one of, or a combination of, the allowed holidays. Because this challenge is starting earlier than the last, the holidays will be Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example List:

December 1st:
    1. A Christmas Story [- (year) - comments, etc, if you want!]
    2. Frosty The Snowman [- (year) - comments, etc]

December 2nd:
    3. The X-Files -
    Episode: Christmas Carol - Season 5, Episode 6.

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. As of now, this challenge is purely for fun, but other (future) challenges may include prizes!

Again, the challenge will start on November 24th (@ 12:00am), in approximately one week, and will run through January 1st. Any movie/tv show started before 12:00 am on the 1st, but ends thereafter, will count!

Don't forget, this challenge also includes TV Shows and Cartoons.

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

No Kwanzaa?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    No Kwanzaa?
    I just knew this was going to come up... Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, and anything else I forgot, qualify...

... jerk.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

i'll just post my list now and get it out of the way...

1. Christmas Vacation (there is no sequel, there is no sequel - if you say it often enough you can burn it right out of your brain)
    2. Home Alone
    3. The Santa Clause

4. South Park - woodlands creature christmas

There ya go, required viewing this time of year in my house. Same list i would've had last year, same list i'll have next year.

So that is going to be it Jax? No Thanksgiving/Christmas TV show episodes? No Frosty? No Rudolph? Well...

Forgot to mention:
    I am going to set my goal for this year at 65. Last year I watched 58, so with the extra week this year, I should be able to reach 65. We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    So that is going to be it Jax? No Thanksgiving/Christmas TV show episodes? No Frosty? No Rudolph? Well...
    well, see, the problem with that is that i don't really watch much tv. if i turn on the tube, it's either to catch a sporting event or i'm putting a dvd in.

Just a reminder:

The Challenge is a GO!

do broadway shows count ????? if so then put me down for:

11/24 - The Radio City Christmas Show (took the wife for the first time - I haven't seen the show since I was seven so it was like watching it for the first time all over again. really Awesome show - highly recommend)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    do broadway shows count ????? if so then put me down for:
    Alright with me.