Thread: Opening Crawl

Opening Crawl

I don't know if this is old news but I was flicking arounf Sky Movies Active on Sky Digital and they are claiming that part of the Episode II Opening Crawl reads:

"Senator Amidala, former Queen Of Naboo, is returning to the Galactic Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an Army Of The Republic to assist the overwhelmed Jedi."

What are your thoughts on this?

PENDO!

They lifted that straight out of the Vanity Fair article. Ahhhh...journalistic integrity hard at work.:happy:

It's too bad the Old Old Forums are gone, because I seem to recall my version was fairly close to some of the rumored plotlines of AOTC. I'll try to locate a paper copy if it still exists, and re-post it here.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. Several hundred solar systems, under the leadership of the Rebel Leader, Count Dooku, have declared their intentions to secede from the Republic.

The seperatist movement has made it difficult for the limited number of Jed Knights to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.

Senator Amidala, former Queen Of Naboo, is returning to the Galactic Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an Army Of The Republic to assist the overwhelmed Jedi...

The version of the last paragraph in the Scriptment was very close...

"Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo, is returning to Coruscant to vote on the critical issue of creating an army
    to assist the overwhelmed Jedi…"
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Post Here's what I found...

First of all, I'll just type in what I wrote on a paper I found. Much of it makes little gramatical sense, so sorry.

Opening crawl:
    With the re-emerging Sith threat, it is an unsteady time for the Republic. Newly-elected Chancellor Palpatine suggests a military build-up to repel the new foes, while the Jedi Council on Coruscant stresses patience and peace.
    Meanwhile, under the training of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker grows in the ways of the Force. Torn between his affection for Amidala and his promise to free his mother from slavery, his anxiety grows.
    Jedi from across the galaxy converge on Coruscant to debate the issue of the Sith, while yet another menace appears...

I also wrote this line:
    Recent changes have rocked the once-stable Republic. Newly-elected Chancellor Palpatine suggests a military build-up to repel the re-emerging Sith threat and calls for the Jedi (That's how it ends)

I think I also have some "predictions" about the plot somewhere, too. Here's a list of characters and locations I felt would appear in E2:

Darth Sidious/Sen. Palpatine
    Obi-WAn Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker
    Boba Fett
    C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Amidala/Padme' (?)
    Yoda
    Mace Windu (Jedi Council)
    Shmi Skywalker (?)
    Qui-Gon Jinn (spirit?)
    Jabba (?)
    Jar Jar
    Bail Antilles (Organa?)
    Cpt. Panaka?

Coruscant
    Tatooine (?)
    Water Planet (?)
    Fire Planet (?)
    Naboo (?)
    Dagobah (?)
    Alderaan (?)

Lots more to come?
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 02-23-2002 at 02:28 PM.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(