Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Comic Packs

New Comic Packs

Quinlan Vos/Commander Faie and Clone Emperor Palpatine/Luke came in the mail today from StarWarsShop.

I must say that they are every bit as beautiful in person as I'd imagined.

The holocron accessory is still an awesome idea, though nobody's hand is capable of holding it. Commander Faie is going to fit right in with my Kashyyyk forces. And I'm a huge Quinlan Vos fan, so I'm always happy to get another figure of him. Though I'm disappointed that they still insist on putting that gun holster on his waist. Just glancing through Republic 82 again, I don't see him having that anywhere.

The use of soft goods on the Emperor works really well, since they kept the top part of him plastic. The molded cape on Luke is a bit...awkward.

These are some of my favorite comic packs thus far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ComicPacks1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	18649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ComicPacks2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	18650  

Wow, I wasn't expecting these guys till 2009. nice might have to stop by and see if they still have them in stock. have been drooling over the DE Luke / Emperor since the pics were released
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

My wife just found me the Karrde/Thrawn and the Vader/Trachta. The Mandos are already peg warming here. I passed on the Xizor/Leia for the time being. The joints are just to blatant and distract from what could've been good if not great figures.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    My wife just found me the Karrde/Thrawn and the Vader/Trachta. The Mandos are already peg warming here. I passed on the Xizor/Leia for the time being. The joints are just to blatant and distract from what could've been good if not great figures.
    i picked up the Karrde / Thrawn and Leia/Xizor sets, have yet to see the Trachta / Vader and Vader/Leia sets.

Xizor is a great detailed figure, major improvement over the POTF versions however, and maybe it's just mine but I can't get him to stand up. Leia is a nice figure (ankles aside) but would rather have seen a Guri or even Shadows Luke packed with Xizor instead.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Wow, Dark Empire Packs out all ready!? Sheesh! I can't keep up. I just found The Vader/Trachta, Xizor/Leia, and Karde/Thrawn sets last week.
    I have not seen the Leia/Vader pack as of yet, but i'm sure they'll peg warm a little when they do come out...a white vader isn't going to make kids go crazy. . .

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I found Thrawn and Karrd. Whatayaknow the Ysalmir has feet! I remember arguing this with someone once here.

I saw the white Vader Leia pack, but it really didn't appeal to me.

I want that Trachta figure though. He looks cool. Haven't seen it yet.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

picked up Vader and Tracha this morning while doing some Christmas shopping. the figures are cool, figured I would wait on the Leia/Vader set as I can see this one being the peg warmer of the series.

Picked up Thrawn/Karrde, Xizor/Leia, and Vader/Tracha last Friday. Have not opened them up yet, but I am very, very impressed with what I see so far.

For me, this is the best wave for the comic packs yet, there is at least one figure in each set that I have wanted/wanted an updated version of.

My biggest dissapointment is that Xizor has some stupid staff, which has no visual reference and is not suggested anywhere in the book, comic, or game. If I am not mistaken, is this not just a repainted Momaw Nadon staff? Stupid. Why not pack in his original, mini-bowcaster looking blaster? It would have been great for display, would have not cost all that much to make. Ugh. Also, cankles Leia is a stupid choice for SOTE. Beyond being a lost opportunity for a new character, and a poor mold for an old one, do you really think that Mom's would want to get there kids the one psuedo-sexual scene in the Star Wars Galaxy (At least it is the only one that comes to mind, correct me if I am wrong)?

As suggested earlier, Guri or SOTE Luke with jacket would have been good choices. A new Dash, Black Sun Gaurd, or Bounty Hunter Leia would have have been better, in my opinion.

Just my little gripes. Even then, one of the things I was most looking forward to this year, Xizor still looks awesome, light years ahead of his old mold!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    but would rather have seen a Guri or even Shadows Luke packed with Xizor instead.
    I hope that's a future SOTE comic pack (Luke and Guri). Guri won 2nd place out of EVERY possible figure from the movies or EU in the big polling project MadSlantedPowers did here. That's very impressive for an EU character - and most of you are responsible for voting her up there.

SOTE had 6 issues, IIRC.
    Xizor and Leia =1,
    Luke & Guri =2,
    Lando (variation of smuggler or Trooper disguise) and new Chewie Snoova = 3
    Big Gizz and Spiker (Jabba's swoop gang) = 4,
    Dash Rendar and Leebo =5,
    Jix (Vader's agent) and Koth Melan (Bothan SpyMaster) =6

SOTE could rock the comic 2-packs!!!

By the way: Guri could be done in multiple outfits as well - but those could be carded figures or Shadows of the Empire: Evolution could have its own comic packs with some cool bounty hunters, droids, and a new Princess Leia to boot. The standard SOTE should not be messed with!

EDIT: They should also make Black Sun thugs (troop builders - perhaps aliens re-issued with Black Sun affects on them?) I guess you could single-card them and they'd be "filler" in new waves.

I found these and passed. I dont need them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten