Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PIC!

It's just a regular Vulture Droid, looks to be a new sculpt though!

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11455

I wonder where the "Super" comes in? Its size, I suppose?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

That is seriously whack! Does it transform? Does it do so better than the original Hasbro version? And what's with the missiles on the clips? They appear to go in spring-loaded launchers, but those on the tip aren't them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How big, exactly, are vulture droids supposed to be? Wookieepedia says they're 3.5 meters long . . . so does that mean the 1999 version is too small, or what? I always thought that the buzz droids were too big to believably deploy from the vulture droid's missiles, but perhaps the Hasbro vulture droid was too small and the buzz droid too big. I don't know. I'm really curious to know the size of this new one.

3.5m is 11 feet tall, the Ep 1 version is about twice the height of a basic figure, so that seems right on target. You are absolutely right that the buzz droids are too big to be spit out from those missiles, that was some heinous CGI fudging they did there to make that happen.

If this thing fits a $20 pricepoint, it's about as big as the V-wing, so it's at least twice as big as it should be. If it transforms properly (it does look like there's something going on at the hips, and it does split at the wings), then I'll probably forgive if begrudgingly.

I just grabbed the Ep 1 non-transforming one, it's on target for the 3.5m size, but my claim of the $20 super having to be twice as big is way off, more like 4 times as big.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Today at Target I was scanning the Clone Wars visual guide and saw a picture of Anakin and Ahsoka fighting the vulture droid from the deleted scene on the DVD. This thing was far bigger than 11 feet; Anakin was standing next to it and was about a third or a fourth of its size. I guess they just made them bigger on the show and Hasbro is reflecting that.

I haven't seen the CW movie, so I can't really judge that. If that's the case though, 4 times taller than Anakin, that's right on target for Hasbro's new vehicle.

The buzz droids are still ridiculously out of scale though.

I am confused by the size listings for droid starfighters (vulture droids).

In Episode I, you see droid starfighters in ground mode in the hangar in one of the first scenes, walking around with some battle droids.

Call a battle droid an average humanoid at 2 meters. Those droid starfighters looked like they towered over those battle droids, like three times as tall as they were.

So wouldn't that make a standing vulture droid about 6 meters tall, which is about 20 feet?

Does someone have a link to a still of that scene I'm referring to? Maybe I'm wrong, but this is how I remember that scene...

The existing vulture droid toys have never seemed right to me. Hold one up next to a V-Wing and the size differential looks really off...Wookiepedia has a V-wing at 7.9 meters long, twice that of the vulture droid, but the vulture droid toy is smaller than that.

Now, if the upcoming "super vulture droid" is the same size as a V-Wing then that would be wrong, too, I guess...

Per the buzz droid torpedoes, I always read it as the vulture droid we see launching them in Ep. III is specially-fitted with those torpedoes, i.e. they aren't standard-issue such that the missiles we're seeing on the "super vulture droid" aren't meant to be buzz-droid warheads.

I've been waiting for a proper-scale vulture droid, and this looks like the genuine article. It'll be about the size of a V-Wing or V-19 Torrent, but smaller than an ARC-170, which sounds right.

Yeah, it seems none of you guys remember Episode I very well(That's okay, i tried to blank it from my memory too for the most part...).
    The Vultures were GIGANTIC...
    EASILY four times the height of a Battle Droid.
    This screen cap i just too doesn't do it justice(If i get a moment later, i will rip the video segment and post it on youtube, so the dynamic motrion can be seen), but IF, and i MEAN IF, the new one is even CLOSE to this size, i will be very happy.
    To be totally honest, i think this new will STILL BE TOO SMALL!!!

Bar.

That shot's scaling is kinda wonky, the droids in the foreground shouldn't be the same focus as the Vulture Droid standing right behind it, the shadowing of the BD in the background shouldn't be so minimalist if it's next to any of those VDs. I blame CGI.