Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yep, the head can go forward more. I didn't think to try it until I saw the vulture droid's picture in the Complete SW Encyclopedia, then I tried it and it worked. When you push the button to pop up the head, it goes into the configuration seen in my pictures, but you can move it forward manually; it kind of snaps into place, so it's not a huge range of poses, but it more or less does what's seen in the films so I'm fine with it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for the info. Think you could take another pic with the head all the way forward?

Part of me wants to grab it, part of me feels like it's not complete enough what with the wings not sliding closed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sure, I grabbed two more shots: one with the head almost all the way forward, and then one completely forward.

Where are the wings closed in the film? I thought they were like how they are on this version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2604.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	20427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2605.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	20428  
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Picked this up yesterday.... gotta say loving it. great ship might have to get another 4 or 5 for a little squad to go with the battle droids
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Thanks for posting the pics, JJL. I really like the look of this, and I hope to find it at retail soon.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

seeing the pics makes me want to pick one up

[quote=Darth Jax;680024]seeing the pics makes me want to pick one upPicked this up at Walmart Fishers. They price matched target's 19.99. Awesome vehicle, great job Hasbro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Sure, I grabbed two more shots: one with the head almost all the way forward, and then one completely forward.

Where are the wings closed in the film? I thought they were like how they are on this version.
    Thanks for the shots.

In Ep 1, the wings are seen to slide completely closed so that they hide the lasers and other greebles in the very middle. The Action Fleet and Titanium Series both represent this.

I ended up picking up the vehicle at Target for $20. IMO, it's not quite delivering on the pricepoint, but close. Lightweight, good sculpting, fully transforms (almost, as I previously mentioned, the wings don't slide down to create an oval shape a la Ep 1). Decent paint but no wear, no red engines. Wings/legs don't want to stay in place in either mode too well, and no stand so it wobbles a lot in flier mode, spreads out in walker mode. Head springs up and looks around, very nifty, and can click forward for full walker pose. Missiles are well-concealed and nicely sculpted for once. If the wings fully closed like in Ep 1, and the joints were tighter, and there was wear paint, it'd be a good deal, but as is it's only ok.

The head spring is a funny thing, it springs to the flight-height properly so the head is still parallel to the body, and you have to manually click both sides of the neck forward 1 click to get the walker-mode pose, but if you hit the spring button with the ship facing down instead of horizontal, it springs into that lower position on the neck joint but not the head joint, smacking the head into your fingers.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well I spotted one of these at Walmart earlier this evening, but it looked like someone used the box as a punching bag...the box was torn to bits, crushed on one end, and looked like it had been opened. I asked an associate if there were anymore in the back, but they said no. The toy itself may have been ok inside, but I just don't feel comfortable buying a product that someone has completely assaulted.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Well I spotted one of these at Walmart earlier this evening, but it looked like someone used the box as a punching bag...the box was torn to bits, crushed on one end, and looked like it had been opened. I asked an associate if there were anymore in the back, but they said no. The toy itself may have been ok inside, but I just don't feel comfortable buying a product that someone has completely assaulted.
    That's funny, the first day I saw these in person, I bought one at Target and then hit WM, the WM had one and someone had ripped the inner tray out of the box to inspect it, left it sitting twist-tied to the tray on the shelf.