Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Most Wanted Vehicles Poll - Phase 2, Round 1

Welcome to the Most Wanted Vehicles Poll, phase 2! The results of this new Most Wanted Vehicles poll will be delivered to Hasbro during Toy Fair in February '09.

Taking the top results from phase 1's polls, here in phase 2 we will take the top choices from all those sources and, through your voting, find out which is the best of the best from all the sources! We'll skim the most wanted vehicles in 5 rounds to create a final top 25 list - round 1 will give us #s 1-5, round 2 will give us #s 6-10, and so on.

Here's how it works: each person votes for their top 5 vehicles, at the end of each round the most popular 5 entries will be skimmed off the top to make their places in the master list. For the subsequent round, the next runners-up from their respective polls will be put into play. So let's get to it...

Phase 2, Round 1

To vote in this poll, post your ranked top 5 list in the order that you most wish to see them made.
    Please choose from the list below (write-ins are no longer accepted):

Vote now, and thanks for participating!

This poll will close at 11:59pm PST on Tuesday, December 9th.

1. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
    2. Droid Gunship

[FONT=Courier New]I know I am just one guy, but if it helps Hasbro make a decision, I would buy multiples of ALL of these for my Grand Army.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]1. Republic Attack Shuttle/Nu Class Shuttle[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I would buy at least 2, maybe 3-4.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]2. Outrider YT-2400 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I would buy at least 2, if not more if they redo this correctly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]3. LAAT/c (AT-TE Carrier) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have 6 AT-TE's, so easy multiple purchase on this one.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]4. CR20 Troop Carrier[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]2-4 if they decide to make them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]5. TX-130 Fighter Tank[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]4-6 if they make them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

This is where it gets tough:

1) Star destroyer
    2) Jabba's sailbarge
    3) AT-ST
    4) Sandcrawler
    5) Tantive IV

It pains me to leave off the Y-wing (because the old one isn't that bad), the AT-AT (because the only film interior seen was the cockpit), the Slave I (because the old one still looks semi-decent, if not totally accurate) and the Cloud car (because theres only interraction with one figure, cloud car pilot)

I also switched priority from the sailbarge to the star destroyer - I really want that bridge plus Hasbro might prefer to do a star destroyer over the sailbarge which they, rightly or wrongly, insist isn't recogniseable enough

1. Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge
    2. Twin-pod Cloud Car
    3. Gungan Sub (Bongo)
    4. Y-wing Starfighter (Clone Wars version)
    5. Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut)

1. AT-AT [scaled to larger, more accurate cockpit]
    2. Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge
    3. Slave I [larger redesign with repaint in mind for both ESB and AOTC verisons]
    4. AT-ST [ROTJ, larger redesign, differs from ESB design]
    5. Twin-pod Cloud Car
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Since we only get five:

AT-AT [scaled to larger, more accurate cockpit]
    Y-Wing Fighter [larger redesign, working droid slot]
    Y-wing Starfighter (Clone Wars version)
    The Twilight
    Outrider (YT-2400)
    I think the AT-AT is the most recognizable Star Wars vehicle that hasn't had some sort of retooling in the almost 30 years since the toy's mold was created, and it's definately the one that needs it the most. That tiny body compared to the cockpit has bugged me since the day I first start begging my mom for it.

1. Slave I [larger redesign]
    2. Imperial Star Destroyer
    3. Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge
    4. Outrider (YT-2400)
    5. Tantive IV (aka Rebel Blockade Runner)

The Slave I would compliment my BMF Falcon and although I'm like most older SW fans in wanting a better scaled sail barge (or palace play-set) for Jabba I think that the Star Destroyer would be a nice ship to have based on it's external design, it's iconic part of the original series and there could be some cool "set pieces" inside it to recreate certain scenes from the movie like Vaders meditation chamber (i.e. the original 80's play-set), the deck and sub deck where Vader paced and Imperial lackeys cringed and mort importantly where the bounty hunters gathered to be debriefed on their hunt for Solo.

Speaking of which...it's been thirty years and outside of the nice web exclusive POTF freezing chamber how come we've never seen a 3 3/4 scale counterpart to the cool micro sets from the 1980's? Those would ROCK!
    -Sincerely,

Andrew J. LoVuolo
    [I]Writer/Creator of [I]The Rift[/I]
    [/I][URL="http://www.gistudios.com"]www.gistudios.com[/URL]

1. AT-ST [ROTJ, larger redesign, differs from ESB design]
    2. Y-Wing Fighter [larger redesign, working droid slot]
    3. Y-wing Starfighter (Clone Wars version)
    4. TX-130 Saber-class Tank (aka IFT-X, Republic Fighter Tank)
    5. Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

1. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
    2. Outrider
    3. IG Lancer Droid Speeder Bike
    4. Jabba's Sail Barge
    5. IG-2000
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]