40 Days and 40 Nights

Is it just me or is the entire premise of this movie stupid? A man decides that he is going to give up sex during lent.

First of all he is Catholic. Second, Catholics aren't supposed to have sex before marriage. If he is indeed a practicing Catholic how come he doesn't see having sex as wrong. Stupid premise and likely a stupid movie. One that will no doubt flop at the box office. Plus do we have to see Josh Hartnett in another bad movie. Anyone agree?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

In case you haven't noticed, most movies that come out these days are not exactly good. They more often than not appeal to the lowest common denominator with very weak plots covered up by sex appeal, ultra-violence, slapstick/crude humor, etc.

Just think of all the "hit movies" of the past few years like American Pie.

You can't blame the movies though, the American populace seems to be decomposing intellectually as well.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

From Yahoo!:

Matt Sullivan's (Josh Hartnett) last big relationship ended in disaster and ever since his heart's been aching and his commitment's been lacking. Then came Lent, that time of year when everybody gives something up.

Funny, I don't quite recall Lent as being a universal event.

R for strong sexual content, nudity and language

How odd, rottentomatoes.com says:

From the producers of "Notting Hill" and "Bridget Jones's Diary" comes "40 Days and 40 Nights" - America's first no sex comedy.

This film is having a really bad identity crisis. Teen flick? Chick flick? Commentary on sexuality? Or a really bad career move for everybody involved?

Well, top that off with a horrible poster, and you've got the movie you wish that wasn't...I give this film production a big fat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40days.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	740  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Another movie that deserves my official designation award for being "Craptaculer". Or in the wise words of Jar Jar Binks, "It's mooie mooie stinkowiff."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's my official policy not to comment on films I haven't seen (in part or in entireity) yet. To do so is ignorant.

Not seen it, nor do I care to see it, but I find it interesting that I saw a trailer for this in the theater nearly a year ago. . . .
    Tommy, close your eyes.