Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's behind about Black Friday?

I just never have and I don't think I ever will. The whole sordid thing annoys the poo outta me.

I can't tolerate the crowds or the stupidity that suddenly strikes usually smart people who are on the hunt for bargains.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm not usually smart. Hence, I'm heading out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'm not usually smart. Hence, I'm heading out tomorrow.
    I am going to be brave and go out also. 3am at Best Buy to lineup. I am going with a buddy who wants one of their laptop specials with the printer.
    As for me, I am looking to snag a wireless router and some dvd's.

I don't usually go out like this on Black Friday, as I despise the public.
    Hopefully I will not completely regret this.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I don't usually go out like this on Black Friday, as I despise the public.
    Why don't we have a "high five" smiley???!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I particiapted in Black Friday once, and didn't find anything that was suppose to be out. That and the crowds and long lines have kept me from wanting to do it again.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I always have to work on that Friday, so I don't have the opportunity to partake in the madness. A couple of recent years I have headed over to Target after work to pick up a couple Star Wars exclusives - the Imperial Shuttle and the Hoth & Endor Ultra Battle Packs. I'm not certain about last year, but the year the shuttle came out, there was some snow and ice on the ground, so I would have preferred to have just gone straight home rather than drive to the other side of town and back in that weather.

I don't see anything wrong with going out and trying to find some good deals. I prefer to avoid the crowds myself, though. Having these limited time big bargain sales just invites craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I just never have and I don't think I ever will. The whole sordid thing annoys the poo outta me.

I can't tolerate the crowds or the stupidity that suddenly strikes usually smart people who are on the hunt for bargains.
    I couldn't have said it better. Maybe more offensively, but not better.

The idea as a whole turns me off. I already know what I'm going to my family and saving a few bucks isn't going to make up for the frustrations of Black Friday.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It's not worth the aggravation fighting the crowds and waiting in those long lines just to buy a few figures or a LEGO set, but I still go from time to time. I haven't decided whether I'm going out this year.

After looking through the ads today, only one deal really stood out for me - the Family Guy Blue Harvest box set for $10 at FYE. That's tempting. And the mall is practically deserted on Black Friday morning, so I won't have to worry about crowds and lines there.

I love Black Friday shopping. I dont go for the electronis and stuff. I usually go more for clothes for the kids and stuff for them. Living in a small town is nothing , when I used to do retail in NYC, it was crazy.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten