Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rebel Blockade Runner Picts

Check out the picts of this set as well as Darth Maul's bust in FBTB.net. I like the Blockade Runner but wonder if its in the size of the minifigs - should be I guess.
    But I have other thoughts for Maul's bust, not appealing.

So go check it out you Lego fans!!

I'm like 99% sure that the Rebel Blockade Runner is a UCS ship and not made for the minifigs. In any event, I can guarantee you it's not IN SCALE with the mini-figs, it'd have to be at least 10 feet long then.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you know what? You are right. This one is UCS and there's no minifigs included according to FBTB reports.
    Since its UCS, I think the price would not be cheap then....

FBTB claims it's $200, it LOOKS a bit smaller than the UCS X-wing though which was $50 cheaper. It looks to me like it's only 30 studs wide at MOST.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Has anyone actually shelled out the $$$$$$ for this line? IMO Legos are already extremely overpriced. Adding a tag like 'Ultimate Collector Series' seems like just an excuse to put out a high priced item. I honestly don't see what their appeal is. I don't see anyone actually playing with them. If the thought is to just have a neat model, why not just go out and buy one?

Anyways, I digress. Back to the subject...

Who would shell out money for this thing?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The wonder about Lego that vastly differs from usual hobby kits is its ability to convert from 1 vehicle to another. You may want to check out FBTB's custom page and you can see what a usual bricks of all shapes and sizes could becomes some other that Lego had yet to release ie the Outrider, AT-AT etc. Its just amazing.

But I have to agree with you that this toy is not cheap and it would take a lot of persuasion for me to get this UCS Blockade Runner

Originally posted by humsup
    The wonder about Lego that vastly differs from usual hobby kits is its ability to convert from 1 vehicle to another. You may want to check out FBTB's custom page and you can see what a usual bricks of all shapes and sizes could becomes some other that Lego had yet to release ie the Outrider, AT-AT etc. Its just amazing.

But I have to agree with you that this toy is not cheap and it would take a lot of persuasion for me to get this UCS Blockade Runner
    I agree with you about buying Legos. The appeal is to make up stuff from your imagination. However, it seems that the whole appeal behind the UCS line is to build something presentable as a model. Isn't that why they come with a stand? I would think that if you wanted something to display, you would buy a model. If you wanted something to build, break apart, and build something else, you would get the smaller, more affordable regular line.

Ha, I never thought I would use "more affordable" to describe Legos.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs down

Thats too bad...i wanted the Tantive IV for the small figs...anyway...lets see what comes for the Ctmas season.
    As always...........L

I always wanted to get one of these....Anyone get one of these?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I have both the UCS RBR and Maul sculpture, although I've never built the Sith Lord to this day. Have the Yoda sculpture too and it's still unopened.

Hmm, come to think of it, I have all the UCS sets except for the really expensive ones: ISD, Death Star, and Falcon.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)