Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sideshow Indiana Jones

After a good long wait, Sideshow's 1:6 scale Indiana Jones figure has finally arrived...

I think the wait was worth it...it's a good looking figure featuring the new Prometheus body, not one but two great head sculpts, plenty of well-done accessories and the clothes are well tailored and look great.

The new body takes some getting used to, but it is good. Joints are a little loose, but the hand/head/feet switching is much easier with the new peg/ball system. Plenty of alternate hands...but there are a couple of good options missing here...it would have been good to include a "whip-grip" right hand (the "pistol grip" one is adequate, but limited on really gripping the whip handle) and at least one "relaxed" hand, but what's included is good. It's cool to have a "coiled" whip and a flexible one for posing/display options. I took the plastic "sand" bag and placed it in the shoulder satchel for "ballast"...it makes the satchel hang better on his shoulder. The poison dart is suitably small and the unlit torch is an interesting addition. The guns are very well done...right down to the rotating clip in the Colt...but Sideshow has always gone for great detail on their figure's weapons.

The accessories are delicate...I've already lost the peg on the holster (!), but I'll figure out something to replace it with.

I only had one "issue" with this figure and...it's not the figure itself, but the box. While those styro caps have been a reall good addition to the shipping box in getting these figures as MIB to us as possible, someone got a little overzealous with the one I received and crammed them on to the point of bending the end flaps of the box over on themselves and smashing the box on both ends. Not a huge deal to most I'm sure, but as someone who appreciates the packaging, it was disappointing.

But that's a small thing compared to how really great this figure looks...this is a great rendition of one of my favorite movie characters done with great care and detail...it was a long wait, but the end result is something I'll treasure as part of my collection for a long time....

Adventure has a name....and it's Indiana Jones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideshowIndy14.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	18732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideshowIndy01.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	18733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideshowIndy03.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	18734  

I put myself on the wait list the other day. If I get one, fine, but if not, oh well.

A number of sites have reported Sideshow putting the Toht figure up for preorder.

Dang, I wish I hadn't clicked this thread. UPS refused to deliver my Indy on Friday despite it being in town that morning, I have to wait until Monday.

The torso on the Prometheus body looks very slight compared to the legs and head on this, I hope that's not the case. Kinda surprised to hear the new body has loose joints too, seems like Sideshow cannot deliver a decent point of articulation anymore. Also, in the pics it seems like the jacket and pants are too big for this body, and I can't imagine that being the case and you not mentioning it, so I gotta see that for myself.

Anyway, congrats on the get. (I know, odd way to end this post)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The body is "slight", but so is the buck. the difference here is that the hips are done in such a way as to not have the waist of the pants suck into them and look odd. That was always an issue with the Buck to me.

The clothes are a bit baggy, but I prefer that to the trend of too-tight-fitting outfits like the ones Han & Luke (Bespin) sported. At least with the clothes on Indy, there's some room for adustment and it helps make the posing less awkward. Let me know what you think, JT...

And yes, Ji'dai...Toht is up for pre-order. He's a bit pricey, but he comes with the ark (in polystone no less)and he'll have two portraits...a standard one and a "melting" one from the film's finale. Other cool things: He comes with the infamous hanger and an alternate hand with the staff headpiece burned into it.
    The prototype is also sporting a Nazi lapel pin...it'll be interesting to see if this passes muster at Lucasfilm. I hope so, for accuracy's sake. The rest of his outfit looks impeccably tailored as well.
    I've pre-ordered him, but we'll see how my personal economy is doing as his release date gets closer.

Meanwhile, I'll keep enjoying this new Indy figure...

Considering how the LOTR line went down the tubes at SSC, I'm shocked they're going forward with Toht so quickly with Belloq and his idol display untested at sales. But I admire them for trying, especially with that Ark, it looks great.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My SS Indy still says "Processing." Gonna have to give em a call.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Looks like mine is shipping in the next day or so. Becuase of the Thanksgiving week, they only processed and shipping a few orders.

Thanks for the pics jedibear! I wont pay almost $100 for just any Sideshow figure. But its is a no-brainer. Did you get the exclusive or regular?

I got the exclusive, myself, and could not be any happier with it! The box arrived in immaculate shape, and the figure is just...plain...happenin'.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Looks like mine is shipping in the next day or so. Becuase of the Thanksgiving week, they only processed and shipping a few orders.

Thanks for the pics jedibear! I wont pay almost $100 for just any Sideshow figure. But its is a no-brainer. Did you get the exclusive or regular?
    Got the exclusive. Don't know if I'll ever display him with that dart, but...

And yeah...those "bundles" Sideshow is doing for this line...the Idol Pedestal with Belloq and the Ark with Toht...seem to be an interesting way to get environment/accessories out there with characters that wouldn't necessarily move many units on their own.

I just wish the stuff was available separately...I'd love the Idol set to display Indy with, but to have to lay out such serious coin for it to get a figure I'm not wild about...oh, well. At least Toht has a bit of a leg up being an interesting character that has a striking appearance, is packing with accessories and that additional melting portrait.

I do hope that the line gets enough steam in it to get some other characters from some of the other films. Mola Ram would make a striking figure, as would Col. Vogel and...I'd really like to see a Spalko figure. But we'll see how the line fares with how they're rolling stuff out now....

I'm with you jedibear. I'd like the idol pedestal and the ark but I would like to purchase them separately.

Anyways, I really like where the line is going. Toth looks awesome! Though I'm gonna try and get him and Belloq on the secondary market. My wishlist for this line includes Mola Ram, Col. Vogel, Henry, Last Crusade Sallah, Mutt and Mac. A generic German Soldier would be cool too.