X-Box Controller S (For those who hate the size of the normal controller)

For those complaining that the X-Box's controller is just too big, Microsoft has good news for you. X-Box Controller S is, essentially, the Japanese X-Box controller, but released for American consumption.

Microsoft will continue to supply retailers with the original X-Box controller, but will offer Controller S as an alternative to gamers who don't need a monster peripheral to feel better about themselves. Controller S is smaller and has a slightly different button placement.

You'll have to wait a while to get your hands on the new controller, as it doesn't ship until April 30, according to Microsoft. Controller S will carry a retail price of $39.95. So, you may be losing some of the girth, but at least you get to keep the high cost.

For those who can't wait until the end of April, the Japanese controller will work with the American X-Box. You can import it now from online retailers like National Console Support.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xboxcontroller.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	918  

While it is smaller, which is nice. The button placement is still crappy. The white and black buttons are way down, and I think are even more awkward to press now.

How much trouble would it be for someone to make a controller with 6 even sized buttons aligned straightly in 2 rows of 3?

The American controller is too big, but I have big hands, so it isn't so bad. On the other hand, I have the opposite problem with the tiny Gamecube controller that was built for circus midgets.

Boy o boy did I hate the X-Box controller when I first got my mits on it. I felt like I was holding two potatos. My first experience with the X-box and its hypo-thyroid controllers was playing 4 way Halo death match with 3 very experienced players. I was so frustrated by getting whacked every 15 seconds that I cursed the X-box, Microsoft, Bill Gates, Bill Gates mother, and last but not least, that stupid potato controller. Halo was just too good though. I saw it was good. I knew it was good. It was good. Well anyway, now that I own an X-box and have logged many hours with it's oversized controller I must say it's a good fit. It's just different than anything that I've experienced before. I'm a big guy (6'5") with big hands and this controller is more comfortable than my other controllers. I think I'll stick with it.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?