Thread: Merlin

Merlin

Anyone else seen this show yet? Probably people in England have seen it. I watched a few online episodes of it and its really good.

NBC bought the rights to it also and it should be on in 09 sometime. If you get a chance, watch it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

NBC was going to put it on mid-season, but for some reason they have bumped it, and now it's not expected until next season.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well that sucks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I've been watching it, it's pretty good. My partner hates it and constantly chunters about the bad acting and poor production values, but if you suspend belief for 50 minutes it's quite an enjoyable fantasy romp. My main complaint is it's been going on too long now - most UK series are only about 6 to 8 episodes, but this is more like a US series, and must've been on for about 3 months now, with no sign of it ending. And the stories are quite samey every week.

It's also kind of weird to see Merlin and Arthur the same age.... I'm not really up on Arthurian Legend, but I'm used to seeing Merlin as an old long-bearded wizard with Arthur as a young boy.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

All the UK shows I have seen have been about 13 episodes long for a season. Primeval, Dr. Who Torchwood, Robin Hood and MI-5

Did anyone lese watch this last weekend?

No.
    I was going to until I realized it wasn't called "Merkin."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!