Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Toy Fair 2009 - Hopes and Dreams

Am I the only one thinking February 15th won't get here fast enough?

Having collected everything I want, short of Legacy wave 5, I am ready to see what is in store for us next year. I know that the ESB wave, the next set of comic packs, and some of the titanium waves for next year have been reveiled, but that is it.

All I want, really really want, is ROTS Nute Gunray. Please Hasbro, he is a named character, with lines and serves a purpose in the plot!

I would also like to see Ysanne Ishard and Guri too.

Anything on your wish lists?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Yes! My wishlist is (all of these figures should be as super articulated as possible):

1. Kithaba
    2. Gamorrean Guard (total resculpt, the same level of quality that we saw in VTAC Bossk)
    3. Admiral Ackbar (same as Gamorrean, total resculpt)
    4. Giran
    5. Vedain
    6. vintage Nikto remake
    7. Weequay (total resculpt)
    8. Weequay Skiffmaster
    9. ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot (grey flightsuit)
    10. OT C-3PO (super articulated, no vac-metallized parts)

I'd also love to see a super-articulated Barada resculpt; but I won't even start asking for that before 2010.

I agree with you Barada, those are some good choices. Of the OT, I think ROTJ has the greatest number of figures that need to be made. I especially want to see the gamorrean gaurd remade. The old scupt was good back in the day, but we definitely need a new one. For Heaven's sake, they are the most frequently featured "alien" in Jabba's palace. I would also like to see a good Royal Gaurd, minus the nonsensical cloth capes that just don't look right. If they have to be pepper shakers again, then so be it.

I would still like to see a perfect Emperor, and a couple more of his dignitaries get made, too.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

I want to see some Clone Wars ships, particularly the Y-Wing prototype and a Twilight.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I seem to have been losing interest in SW this year.... partly because I've been sidetracked by Indy collecting, but also because I've found the recent waves particularly uninspiring. But now Hasbro have announced a second ANH wave for next year, I've got renewed hope we may finally see Bom Vimdin... if he's announced it could well be the spark I need to get me excited about the SW line again.

I would also be ecstatic if the Utai were being made, but I know that's not going to happen any time soon.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    I seem to have been losing interest in SW this year.... partly because I've been sidetracked by Indy collecting, but also because I've found the recent waves particularly uninspiring. But now Hasbro have announced a second ANH wave for next year, I've got renewed hope we may finally see Bom Vimdin... if he's announced it could well be the spark I need to get me excited about the SW line again.

I would also be ecstatic if the Utai were being made, but I know that's not going to happen any time soon.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Kithaba. I've been patiently petitioning for the figure for over 6 years now and then, a few months ago I hear that he is on the rumor list for 2009. Then, shortly after that he disappears from the rumor lists.

If he doesn't show up at Toy Fair, then I'm ready to just call it quits. I'll buy the ten figures that I listed if they are made, but my interest in the line is faltering fast.

All I want, really really want, is ROTS Nute Gunray. Please Hasbro, he is a named character, with lines and serves a purpose in the plot!
    Ditto, and ROTS Rune Haako!

BigBarada's list might has well be my own...

I want all OT figures done

I would love a hyper detailed, non vac metalized threepio, with accurate protocol droid arm detailing...
    Real men buy Willrow

I hope Mattel unveils world peace, McFarlane cures cancer, and Hasbro ends world hunger.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope they make a few that may spark some interest, as I would like to see some of the figures listed above. I hope they make some new ships like Palpy's shuttle or the Tantive IV, if not then I'm content with what I have so far.

There are so many lines of toys (WWE 3 3/4, Mcfarlane NHL, Mattel DC Universe Classics, Indiana Jones & some Marvel Legends when Hasbro chooses to let them out) that my son & I are collecting right now, if S.W. isn't cutting it well I just focus on the other lines.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!