Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SS 1:6 Admiral Piett

Admiral Piett 12" figure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss adm. piett.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	18867  
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Geez, they couldn't find a better screen shot to use as a background? Nothing like the back of some characters head to show off the accuracy of the figure.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

No thanks. Too bad as well. I always liked Admiral Piett. I just don't have use for him in my collection. But I'm glad Piett fans can get him - and even get him autographed in those rare appearances by Kenneth Colley (spelling?)

Piett was a cool character to have in ESB and ROTJ and he played the role as a career military officer with dignity - and he was smart enough to respect Darth Vader and he knew that with the Sith Apprentice was where his loyalties should lie.

Vader never killed him because he knew Piett was competent and effective, and loyal. Piett was the model officer in Vader's eyes.

I also thought Piett was a good man. I don't doubt he'd never hesitate to follow an immoral order if it came from Vader, but generally speaking, he wasn't "a bad guy" who was sadistic or something.

Funny how in a post about a figure I will not be buying, Colley's portrayal of Admiral Piett made me go on writing about his virtues.

I'm totally getting this figure -assuming the final product is not horrendous. I've always been a big fan of Piett and glad he's getting his time in the sun. Wonder what Kenneth Colley's reaction would be? The background SS chose is funny -a scene right before he dies!

"Intensify forward fire power!!!"
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

That's not just the back of him, that's the back of him pointing at an A-wing that's about to smash into his face.

I don't really see the likeness in that photo, but the lighting on the figure isn't working too well for it, very harsh. It may have a more accurate likeness in a different light. The hat ain't doing him any favors neither.

Me personally, this is an easy pass, I have no room for this in my world.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Piett's the coolest of the Imperial Officers so he gets to stand right next to Vader.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'll be getting him for sure. I really love Imperials
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I agree, that hat is not doing him any favors.
    Why can't they make a cloth hat? Plenty of other companies make cloth hats for 12" figures. Though most are military.
    I suppose it's too expensive, but it sure would look better.

I'm going to pass on this one.
    Now if it was Veers in the same outfit, but with extras like armor and a helmet, holo Vader, I would be all over that.

That doesn't even look like him. He might as well be a generic officer.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I agree, that hat is not doing him any favors.
    Why can't they make a cloth hat? Plenty of other companies make cloth hats for 12" figures. Though most are military.
    I suppose it's too expensive, but it sure would look better.

I'm going to pass on this one.
    Now if it was Veers in the same outfit, but with extras like armor and a helmet, holo Vader, I would be all over that.
    He will come with a cloth hat for sure, as did Commander Praji. Praji had 2 hats in the box: one made of plastic and one made of cloth.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback