Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My 2009 Predictions

These are just my predictions for 2009 based on what was revealed by the Hasbro Q&A sessions. These predictions are in no way anything but my own personal speculation (or desperate hopes), plus whatever was conclusively confirmed by the Hasbro team themselves. Feel free to correct me if I've made any mistakes or included something that Hasbro previously stated wasn't on tap for next year, and suggest your own as well.

2009 Predictions:

ESB wave:

1. Emperor Palpatine
    2. Princess Leia (Med Frigate)
    3. Luke Skywalker (Med Frigate)
    4. Captain Needa
    5. Ugnaught
    6. Hoth Rebel Soldier

AOTC:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. Beru Lars
    3. Owen Lars
    4. Captain Typho
    5. Anakin Skywalker (concept figure)
    6. Tarados Gon

ROTJ:

1. Princess Leia (concept?)
    2. Nikto Skiff Guard
    3. Malakili
    4. Luke Skywalker (DS2)
    5. Ewok
    6. Sullustan Pilot
    7. Attark w/ Rock Wart
    8. BG-J38

ANH:

1. Hrchek Kal Fas
    2. Danz Borin
    3. Imperial Scanning Tech
    4. Rebel Fleet Trooper (Pello Scrambas?)
    5. Han Solo
    6. Bom Vimdin
    7. Jawa w/ droid
    8. Leesub Sirln

TPM:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. Mawhonic
    3. Darth Sidious Holo w/ Mechno Chair
    4. Tey How
    5. Sio Bibble (repack?)
    6. Queen Amidala

ROTS:

1. Mon Calamari Dancer
    2. Utai
    3. Ki-Adi Mundi (concept?)
    4. Chewbacca
    5. Emperor Palpatine (Senate Duel)
    6. Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)

ESB:

1. Zuckuss
    2. Utris M'toc
    3. Stormtrooper (new holster design)
    4. Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
    5. Princess Leia (Hoth)
    6. Willrow Hood

EU:

1. Shaak Ti (TFU)
    2. Jacen Solo
    3. Jaina Solo
    4. K'kruhk
    5. Darth Vader (Battlefront 2)
    6. Sith Witch (Darth Maul or Asaaj Ventress concept figure)

Other: (Target 2 packs)

Coleman Trebor w/ (maroon) Battle Droid Commander
    Bariss Offee w/ clone trooper
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Nice list, i hope alot of it comes to pass.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Those WOULD be rather fun.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Whoops, just remembered that Hasbro confirmed a Snowspeeder Luke figure was coming in the second ESB wave. Don't remember the source tho. Will have to make that designation.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I can't see any faults with the list, once snowspeeder pilot Luke is added. It pretty much matches RS's confirmed list 100% and most of the unconfirmed figures are the same ones on their highly rumored (more than one source, on long term lists from previous years, etc). I can come up with a list of several figures I'd rather have, but based off rumors I've read, I'm fairly certain none of my preferred figures would be coming in 2009 (eg Bom Vadim, Kithaba, etc). I guess you could add the name of the droid in the ANH wave (where you have "Jawa w/ droid" since Hasbro recently confirmed that a couple of Q&A's ago.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

nice list, if half of it's true then 09 will be a good year.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obi-dad View Post
    I can't see any faults with the list, once snowspeeder pilot Luke is added. It pretty much matches RS's confirmed list 100% and most of the unconfirmed figures are the same ones on their highly rumored (more than one source, on long term lists from previous years, etc). I can come up with a list of several figures I'd rather have, but based off rumors I've read, I'm fairly certain none of my preferred figures would be coming in 2009 (eg Bom Vadim, Kithaba, etc). I guess you could add the name of the droid in the ANH wave (where you have "Jawa w/ droid" since Hasbro recently confirmed that a couple of Q&A's ago.
    I don't believe Hasbro completely debunked Bom Vimdin, but they did say no more skiff guards next year so that stinks for Kithaba. I left my list as "Jawa w/ droid" only because I couldn't remember the droids name. And I can be very lazy . Also, for some reason I can't edit my initial post. It won't let me edit any of my past posts. Otherwise I would have changed the Luke (Hoth) to designate the snowspeeder version, as well as the droid's name. Hasbro also stated that one of the concept figures was a "Trooper concept" and I don't have anything like that in my list either. Who knows where I should put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    I left my list as "Jawa w/ droid" only because I couldn't remember the droids name. And I can be very lazy . Also, for some reason I can't edit my initial post. It won't let me edit any of my past posts.
    That's funny, at least to me... notice I didn't give the name of the droid in my post, as I couldn't remember the name at the time and I was too lazy to look it up, too.

Also, I haven't seen it writen anywhere, but I've noticed on SSG's forums that once someone has quoted you, you can no longer edit your post, but until then, you can. At least that what seems to be the case.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    but they did say no more skiff guards next year so that stinks for Kithaba.
    Where did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by obi-dad View Post
    Also, I haven't seen it writen anywhere, but I've noticed on SSG's forums that once someone has quoted you, you can no longer edit your post, but until then, you can. At least that what seems to be the case.
    I was thinking that you could edit for up to 24 hours or something. No one quoted Cane's post, but his original post was 12/23 and his post about not being able to edit was today.