Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I've only gotten 2 Christmas cards and no gifts. That's exactly how I wanted it. I told everyone to get me nothing so I wouldn't have to be reminded that it was Christmas. Christmas is by far my favorite day of the year and the season is the greatest time but being stuck over here with nobody and nothing I didn't want to be reminded that I'm 7,000 miles from home.
    Sorry to hear that, Seaman Buzzkill. Did they do anything for the holiday on the boat at least?

My dad decided to repeat his ruining of Thanksgiving for Christmas, I got in his face over it and nearly threw down but instead walked out, my sister and mom talked me into coming back, he acted like nothing happened but remained a tool.

Here's what I got, besides a rise in adrenaline:
    - Isotoner driving gloves
    - 22" Envision LCD widescreen monitor
    - 320gb 2.5" hard drive (gonna put it in my laptop, and put its 80gb drive in my 40gb PS3)
    - Metallica ...And Justice for All, and Ride the Lightning
    - Blade Runner 5-disc Blu Ray
    - Batman Begins Blu Ray
    - Carrie Fisher: Wishful Drinking
    - PS3 Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    - Cookies, brownies, and rice crispy squares made by my sister
    - A Christmas Story 22" leg lamp
    - Arrested Development complete series on DVD (thanks to Amazon gold box, it was just under $30 so my mom ordered it as a stocking stuffer)
    - new PC (3ghz dual core, 2gb of RAM, 500gb HD, 512mb video card, 600w power supply, multi card reader, new copy of XP), I'm not using this yet as it needs to have XP reinstalled, the installation called the HD "H:" instead of "C:" and I have a couple programs that won't take to that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

forgot to include the following:

Gamecube : Rogue Squadron : Rebel Strike with bonus disk (original Star Wars Atari Video Game - amazing how much the graphics have changed over the years) - plus it works on the Wii so it's all good. and i got the guide to the game as well.

Wii : Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels - already beat the game. very easy but fun

picked up The Dark Knight 2 Disc DVD this morning (wan't it for Christmas but didn't get it)

also got a couple of books : Millennium Falcon, Republic Commando: Order 66 and True Colors

Star Wars Concept to Screen 365 Calendar

Organizer caddy for my phones, wallet keys etc
    Organizer for my car
    new watch
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Presents from a few days ago:
    Marvel heroes sweatshirt
    NERF Recon CS-6 Rifle
    Nintendo Wii
    Nintendo WiiPlay
    Nintendo Wii Nunchuck
    Nintendo Wii The Force Unleashed
    Nintendo Wii The Star Wars Saga
    Nintendo Wii Mario Kart w/ steering wheel
    Xbox Republic Commando
    Hot Wheels 2009 line 1:64 Dodge Viper
    Stargate SG-1: Season 9
    Stargate SG-1: Season 10
    Family Guy Volume Six
    Jurassic Park trilogy collection
    Justice League Unlimited Season 2
    The Dark Knight throw blanket
    Baby Ruth mini-bars pack

Presents got today (from my sister and her fiance, they were mailed late):
    TDK Joker shirt
    Attachable Wii Cooler
    $25 American Express gift-credit card
    $25 Best Buy gift card
    Halo (first one)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

New Toshiba DVD with HD interface (will probably return to get one with opitcal out instead).
    Stargate Atlantis Season 4
    IOU for Battlestar Galactica Season 4
    LOTR 16 month Calendar
    Fitness Center pass to all 5 including the "athletic department weightroom" at the Univ of Iowa.
    Trip to Orlando and Daytona (Dec 31-Jan 6).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    - A Christmas Story 22" leg lamp
    Awesome, JT! If time permits, please post a picture! I triple dog dare you! I have the Hallmark ornament of the lamp issued last year and love it (given by Mrs. TI7)! I've never known of the lamp being offered in that size!

Being the "old man" in my house with my own menagerie of "major awards", I've got a real affinity for that lamp (and movie....there's a lot of similarities in my own life with regards to the film, as experienced by Ralphie and the "old man").
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I got today a Stormtrooper mug, and a Vader mug both with candy in them, both I assume from Target.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Awesome, JT! If time permits, please post a picture! I triple dog dare you! I have the Hallmark ornament of the lamp issued last year and love it (given by Mrs. TI7)! I've never known of the lamp being offered in that size!
    Will do. My pop gave my sister the 10" version, she put it up in her window and it's the cutest thing. The shade and stockings on that one are scaled a little better than mine though, where on the 20" version it's out of scale. Here's pics of what I mean about the shade scale: http://www.imaginegate.com/christmas...-leg-lamp.html

Still, mine is a lamp, hers ain't.

The full-size one is 40" and very expensive, but it's bang-on visually: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...number=NC40001

Being the "old man" in my house with my own menagerie of "major awards", I've got a real affinity for that lamp (and movie....there's a lot of similarities in my own life with regards to the film, as experienced by Ralphie and the "old man").
    I remember seeing that movie when it first came out, great stuff, loved it. The whole part about the soft glow of electric sex was a fine twist on what could have been an otherwise tame movie, yet it's not outrageous. I tried eating soap after the lifebuoy scene too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outstanding! As usual, thanks, JT!

$240 is a bit much for what amounts to a "gag gift" on the 40" (very impressive, tho), but I really like the 22" version you received. It's more utilitarian, IMO. It would really set off a desk or office area.

Very cool, sir! It's got my little wheels turning..........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Ah, the sight of electric sex in the window....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Ah, the sight of electric sex in the window....
    It not just the sight of electric sex in the window. It's the sight of electric sex gleaming in the window.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]