Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Blast from the AF past

Just came across the unproduced Prospector Rover from the Aliens AF line... this would have been really nice.

I'm sure the oldtimers here on SSG know about it but it's the first time I've seen it. Very kewl.

I guess Newt and her parents were a little short on luck... in fact, the Rover scene was cut from the theatrical release and they all eventually died from Alien issues. I love Dad with the Facehugger... too funny. Is that Newt's head in Mum's hands? WTF?

Too much family strife. I guess that's why the rover got canned.

Looks a bit like the moon rover from 007's Diamonds Are Forever... just need a bubble on the top and Sean Connery bouncing around in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	actionfleetjordan.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	18963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobprospectorrover1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	18964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobprospectorrover3.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	18965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobprospectorrover4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	18966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobprospectorrover5.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	18967  

McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

wow!...i've been collecting af from the start way back when, and i don't think i've ever heard of this piece...

excellent find!

(is it wrong to covet?)

Ross W. Jarvis
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

Wow, what a wild find. First I've heard of this. I'm surprised they were going to try, looks like they got pretty far, too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That is really cool. I wish someone would make some Titanium-scale die-casts of some of the Aliens craft (the Sulaco, the dropship and the APC).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Is that Newt's head in Mum's hands? WTF?
    I think that figure is Newt. She had a doll named Casey and she carried its head around.

That. Is. Awesome. I've seen so many protos for the Star Wars line, that's the first I've seen a proto for any of the other lines. Very nice.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

I've never seen this before, and I still have my 3 AF Aliens sets!

Wow... I'm surprised that nobody's seen it before, either. Kewl. The pics and details are from the Alien Collectibles Archive (great site, IMO). Forgot to mention that before...

The pics below are from unproduced Alien AF toys... the wheelie-ing Rover, 2 AF playsets, an AF head, and the hilarious Ash figure. Maybe some of these are new to some of you guys, too. Check out the site!

Nightside, you're right... it is Newt and her disturbing headless doll... see below. I'd forgotten about that... she's a little over-sized for her Dad, though. Maybe the face-hugger's compressing his spine a bit.

BTW Night, you probably know that Konami produced resin versions of the 3 Alien vehicles you mentioned (in Titanium scale)... plus the Narcissus and Nostromo. Very detailed, very nice. I've got mine on the shelf with my Titaniums, 'cause I'm a heathen.

RJarvis, it is so right to covet stuff like this.

Galoob Unproduced Prospector Rover (Jordan Family Rover)

This piece is the original prototype model of the Prospector Vehicle (aka the Jordan Family Rover) from Aliens. This toy was never produced, since the scene in which it was shown was ultimately cut from the movie. It is completly built from hand, cast in a heavy resin and plastic. A master model builder then hand painted the vehicle and assembled it. This model is fully functional! Not only is it great to look at, but it also rolls on wheels and has independant struts that move up and down, allowing the toy to climb large obstacles. The front door could slide open and closed, allowing a figure to be placed inside. On the back of the toy, a giant mining arm can be pulled out and positioned in an upwards or downwards scooping motion. The vehicle was to come with two figures - Newt and her father. In fact, her father is attacked by a face hugger in the once-unreleased scene, which can be seen wrapped around his neck.

loads more stuff:

http://www.8thpassenger.com/aliencol...ed+Prototypes/

Name:	outer3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	18993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobprospectorrover2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	18994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobarplayset2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	18995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobash2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	18996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galoobouterworld1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	18997  

Question about "The Betty"

Did anyone pick up this Aqua Aliens figure that came with The Betty from Alien 4?

If so, how big is the Betty? Looks MM scale but I'm hoping it's TS scale, despite the vile paintjob.

Pics below.

Name:	araquaalien1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	18998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	araquaalien3.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	18999  

Did anyone pick up this Aqua Aliens figure that came with The Betty from Alien 4?

If so, how big is the Betty? Looks MM scale but I'm hoping it's TS scale, despite the vile paintjob.

Pics below.
    I actually did pick a couple of these. Got them on clearance at Wally-mart...gave the figures away and kept the ships. They are more in line with MM scale, but fairly well detailed.

I'll try to dig it out and take a comp pic to post.

Ross W. Jarvis
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

BTW Night, you probably know that Konami produced resin versions of the 3 Alien vehicles you mentioned (in Titanium scale)... plus the Narcissus and Nostromo. Very detailed, very nice. I've got mine on the shelf with my Titaniums, 'cause I'm a heathen.
    Actually DT, I didn't know about the Konami ships. I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the heads up!