So, tearing a muscle sucks

On Friday Dec 19th, I picked my kid up from the bus stop and drove him home. Normally we race to the door from the driveway. This time, I got out of the car, turned, closed the door and pushed off my right leg all in one motion and POP!!!, my calf muscle exploded. It hurt like a mo-fo. BEen limping around since. Have a bruise that goes from the bottom of my calf all the way to my toes on the right leg. Ouch!!!!
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've done just about everything else but tear them (strain, slight pull, tweak, bruise, bump, cramp, etc.). Lately, I've (sadly) just given up on running, with those very fears in mind. :Ifeelyourpain: Get better!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Were you trying out for the Detroit Lions?

I've had tons of knee injuries, everything except tears.

Hope you get better soon!

Best to ya, Skawt. Did you see a doctor about it or are you just letting it heal itself?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I saw my doctor, supposed to get an appointment with an Orthopedist to check it but they havent called me with an appointment yet.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    On Friday Dec 19th, I picked my kid up from the bus stop and drove him home. Normally we race to the door from the driveway. This time, I got out of the car, turned, closed the door and pushed off my right leg all in one motion and POP!!!, my calf muscle exploded. It hurt like a mo-fo. BEen limping around since. Have a bruise that goes from the bottom of my calf all the way to my toes on the right leg. Ouch!!!!
    KH That sucks, seems such like a harmless thing that hurt it too.

Well that being said, I got some dynamite pills that can take you to happy land.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

That'll teach you to exercise, foo'.

They have to wait for the swelling to go down to do any real good diagnostics like MRI, they'll likely call you in another week or so to go get checked out.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Ouch! I've done a few muscle pulls, but never a tear that I know of. Also fractured my elbow after flying over the handle bars of my bike, but a muscle pull sounds extremely painful my comparison. Good luck with the healing and thearapy you'll have to go through.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'm not sure what I did to my shoulder, but I really messed it up on Christmas morning. I shoveled a little bit of snow, and when I went to put it away, I kind of had to reach around and over something to get it into the spot I wanted it in, and after that it was really hurting. It might have been worn out a bit from all the snow shoveling I had been doing all week, but that twist seemed to really wreck it. I couldn't touch my left shoulder with my right hand without considerable discomfort. Raising my hand up to the top of my head hurt as well. After a couple a days, the range of motion got better. It still hurts some, but it should heal in time.

I seem to recall having this problem before, but I don't remember when or how it happened. I don't know if I pulled a muscle, tendon, or ligament or if my shoulder was out of joint. It might also be similar to a neck injury that happened to me a couple times back in high school. I was playing Activision Decathlon on the old Atari 2600, and I was straining so hard that I got some sort of kink in my neck. I was walking around for a couple days with my head tilted to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I was playing Activision Decathlon on the old Atari 2600, and I was straining so hard that I got some sort of kink in my neck. I was walking around for a couple days with my head tilted to the side.
    That sounds like an origin story... perhaps how your mad SLANTED powers first appeared?

I know how I hurt my right shoulder and knee (separate incidents) and have just tried not to aggravate them (taught myself to throw lefthanded, favor the right leg more) over the years (been close to 20 now ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega