Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Rebel Force series

There seems to be an OT-era young adult series coming out, called Rebel Force. Two are out so far: #1 (Target) and #2 (Hostage). Haven't read them yet, but I've looked at the covers. Han and Luke are in ANH garb, while Leia is in her ESB outfit. I'll show you the back of #2, which has a strange vehicle. I see this as another Galaxy of Fear type series, which was odd, weird, confusing, and weird (yeah, I said it twice). But we'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RFHostage.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	18981  
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

My word, that is some carpy Photoshopping of Chewie there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    My word, that is some carpy Photoshopping of Chewie there.
    No it's not; it's a painting of Chewie in a famous pose.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I meant the dropping of the classic image into that weird hot rod thingy. It looks carpy. This isn't the first time they've done this sorta thing, but it may be the ugliest job of it ever.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i've picked them up, but haven't gotten around to reading them

seems they are set immediately between ANH and ESB. Like all EU material that gets written now, it's also an attempt to blur the prequels (and somewhat previously written EU) into the OT.

finished reading 1 & 2. one of the characters from last of the jedi makes an appearance in book 2.

I finished "Target" today. I'm not its intended audience, I guess. Not too much for continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I finished "Target" today. I'm not its intended audience, I guess. Not too much for continuity.
    neither am I. but i typically find the young reader books better than the adult EU

Lately, Jax, I'd agree with you. In fact, with the exception of the Glove of DV, Adventure Journals, and the end of the Galaxy of Fear serieseses, the young adult books have been better overall.

I'd have to check, but it seemed like this book was just inventing alien species names. And Luke was just too goofy, even for him.

Luke is a complete and utter klutz with the lightsaber in 1 & 2. Definitely needs to get some practice in apparently. Though he seems to be pretty proficient with a blaster.

If i try and dwell on an alien species name i can't come up with what they are. But if i don't dwell on it, often i can recall an example of that species. Dexter is a prime example. I can never remember that he's a Besalisk whenever i come across that reference. Or maybe it's cuz whenever i see Besalisk, i think basilisk and picture the D&D creature