Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, here's to 2009 not sucking!

Sitting here at the computer, in my bathrobe, sipping some wine... just maxed out a credit card on Ebay... found out today that my wife is pregnant with our 2nd (and hopefully last, ye gods!) child... a good way to ring out the old year.

As usual, I'll be in bed by 10:00.

Anyway, hope 2009 is a grand time for all us SSG'ers and those who tolerate (and even love us for) our little hobby. Happy New Year, friends!
    Last edited by Old Fossil; 12-31-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: to correct some dufus logic

CONGRAT Old Fossil, my wife is currently pregnant with our second child as well! It's a boy!!!

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the family here on SSG.

A new year and....a new hope.

Okay, that was lame, but here's to hoping 2009 brings everyone better things.
    May the force be with you.

The last few years have been great years for me. 2002 was kind of a low point and 2003 was a rebuilding phase; but 2004 through 2008 have been great years overall and I'm just amazed looking at where my life is now compared to where it was back in 04.

I've got some big changes coming up in 2009 (my brother is going to Iraq for at least a year starting in January, my apartment building is changing ownership, and my boss could be retiring), so there is the potential of a lot of negative changes in store for me. However, I'm hoping that things keep going in a positive direction.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Bigb, what's your brother's MOS?

The year 2008 had a lot of potential for me coming right out of the gate. Truly beautiful things--one in particular--seemed to be happening for me. It went straight to hell back in August, and now I don't think I've ever been more depressed and pessimistic going into a new year. I'd give my right arm for 2009 just not to suck completely.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Bigb, what's your brother's MOS?
    Intelligence Analyst, I believe. He's stationed in a UAV unit in Ft. Hood.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Intelligence Analyst, I believe. He's stationed in a UAV unit in Ft. Hood.
    That's where I'm stationed, Ft. Hood, I'm in a MEDLOG Company!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    That's where I'm stationed, Ft. Hood, I'm in a MEDLOG Company!
    Well, my brother just got there a couple months ago, but he is ten times the Star Wars fan that I am. So maybe I should see if I can put you in contact with him.

My brother just went through a really nasty divorce last year. They were having marital problems so he came up to visit me for a week last March; but while he was gone, his wife moved her boyfriend into the house (with my brother's three sons living there), changed the locks to the house, and moved ALL of his Star Wars stuff to a storage shed. Her plan was to essentially hold all of his SW stuff ransom to get him to sign the divorce paperwork and give her everything. When we caught wind of all that was going on, I put my brother on the earliest flight back and he was able to get back temporary control of the house, two of his sons, his van and all of his stuff.

He went back into the Army late last year and when he gets out, he'll be able to get a job as a civilian instructor at Ft. Huachuca and hopefully get custody of his sons. It just sucks that the laws generally favor the mother in divorces, even if she was the one who was unfaithful.

George Carlin can't die twice, so this year has to be better than 2008.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ooooh.. I thought 2008 was pretty good. I got to see my friend Jessica when she was in town. I also got to see Jenn and Ryan when they were in town. My friend Bruce and his partner, Jim, came to town for a visit for a long weekend back in August for my birthday. I took a trip to NYC. I saw several good shows in 2008 (Avenue Q, Jersey Boys, [title of show]) were among them. I got Jennifer Saunders's and Dawn French's autographs. My mum's still healthy as is my partner. We' re both still employed...

I'm hoping 2009 can be at least that good!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**