Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sideshow 12" Sandtrooper

Preorder is Jan 9th:
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...0109newsletter

He looks a little squat the way he's set up, but I'm sure that's just pose and the pauldron.

The large weapon doesn't look even remotely familiar, it seems to have a drum magazine, but I'm sure it's one they actually found in the movie or in the archives.

I'll probably priority preorder this only to decide later whether or not I'll pull the trigger based on what I think of the Stormtrooper base figure.

Oh, and I'm sure the SSC guys had fun with that flash animation, but why is the quality so dodgy and there's no player controls or mute ability?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sweeeeeeet! Dang, I'm broke.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Well, we knew this would be the year of the armored figures from Sideshow and following the heels of the basic Stormtrooper, Utapau Trooper, TFU Commander, and now this Sandtrooper (all in appx 6 months) we're gonna get hit hard and fast with these.

I wish that Sideshow would consider the approach of doing say, this Sandtrooper as a deluxe kind of release...featuring all the relevant gear, back packs, weapons, shoulder pauldron variants and other accessories and just being done with it. Letting collectors buy multiple figures for their army-building and/or mix-n-matching.

But I know I'm dreaming. Sideshow has spent considerable resources coming up with their armored approach and while it's understandable that they would want to take full advantage of it, I think that means that instead of a deluxe style of release or any of these, we're gonna see the various "versions" of these come out one at a time with the hefty $90.+ price each.

So...get ready for the Orange Pauldron Sandtrooper with floating droid exclusive, the Gray Pauldron Sandtrooper with the big gun and on and on till every possible variant is eeked out one by one.

The only completists for this collection now are gonna be trustafarians and lottery winners....average working stiffs are gonna have to pick and choose and wait to see what variant pops up next. (I'm one of those stiffs BTW )

Don't get me wrong...I'm excited about Sideshow finally tackling Armored characters in their sixth-scale collection...it's just that now it's pretty plain to see that as the cliche goes..."Watch out for what your wish for...you might get it!" really applies here....

Okay...done ranting now...

Smile

I really like the Sandtrooper and I knew he was coming. I only hope they will release the other 2. And I'm going to keep my Medicom Sandie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh, and I'm sure the SSC guys had fun with that flash animation, but why is the quality so dodgy and there's no player controls or mute ability?
    You can stop it by right clicking on your mouse and they hit play. See attached pic.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    So...get ready for the Orange Pauldron Sandtrooper with floating froid exclusive, the Gray Pauldron Sandtrooper with the big gun and on and on till every possible variant is eeked out one by one.
    There is no gray Sandtrooper, Hasbro made that up. There is only orange pauldron (Squad Leader), black pauldron (Corporal), and white pauldron (Sergeant)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	19008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flashmediastop.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	19009  
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post

There is no gray Sandtrooper, Hasbro made that up. There is only orange pauldron (Squad Leader), black pauldron (Corporal), and white pauldron (Sergeant)
    Ah...did'nt know that. Figured it was something from the SE where I blinked ...

I am looking forward to better pictures of this guy though....hope it's soon.

That looks pretty good, but I would rather have the orange pauldroned version. This will work out though, because I can examine all the pictures of this one after it's released before they announce the orange pauldroned trooper.

As for the Grey version, wasn't there a closeup pic (still) used in early star wars promotions that sported what looked like a grey pauldron? Sandtrooper on a Dewback?

Even though I have the two marmit ones, I will get this - as long as screen accurate. That helmet on the Sandtrooper pic is not screen accurate yet - the black line should be above the eyes more, but that is an easy fix

There is no way they will release the one Sandtrooper will all three variants....too much money to be made of re-releases.

Prediction for Exclusive: flying droid thingee from Special Editions. Its the kinda ho-hum exclusive SS loves to do

I would love the get a Snowtrooper and Biker Scout (with Bike) in the next year
    Real men buy Willrow

I'm curious what the exclusive will be. Hope not a colored stand. At least if it is a stand, they could make it look like sand on Tatooine...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The large weapon doesn't look even remotely familiar, it seems to have a drum magazine, but I'm sure it's one they actually found in the movie or in the archives.
    I did a little bit of picture searching and found these. You should be able to figure out the scenes these are from.

BTW, the gun is a German MG-15.

EDIT: In the first pic it sure as heck looks like the Sandtrooper on the right has a grey pauldron. Just an observation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandblast1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	19027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandblast2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	19028  
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'll save my $$$, since I have Medicom's RAH. I DO want CODY!!!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."