Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bane Malar is not the guy knocked down by Chewbacca

I was hoping that it was, but Bane malar is just EU character.I wonder why Hasbro does this kind of thing, the Movie characters should be given an action figure prior to the EU.

well, hope Hasbro make more aliens from the Cantina and Jabba`s palace, they`r just kind of my favorite characters,besides the imperials and der Droids

I know they made a Decipher SWCCG of Bane Malar so I would assume he's in the palace SOMEWHERE.

The guy that gets thrown down by Chewie is Sgt. Doallyn and don't let any of these guys tell you different.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Twas a tad annoying that he wasn't really a movie character but I find him to be an acceptable backgrounder for Jabbas palace scenes. He looks very OT.

Quote Originally Posted by TIE DEFENDER View Post
    I was hoping that it was, but Bane malar is just EU character.I wonder why Hasbro does this kind of thing, the Movie characters should be given an action figure prior to the EU.

well, hope Hasbro make more aliens from the Cantina and Jabba`s palace, they`r just kind of my favorite characters,besides the imperials and der Droids
    Hasbro goes off set photos and the Decipher CCG. There is a photo of this character on the set. He was designed and should have been in the movie, although there's a very good chance that being a background character, he just never showed up in a shot.

It's not EU on purpose, they just don't have the time to go and make sure that every background character on the set that day actually appeared on screen. (One usually assumes that they would, but things happen)

Ehh, he's close enough. Names like Bane Malar and Sgt. Doallyn weren't even created until over a decade after ROTJ was released, so they're irrelevant.

The only thing those names are good for is it makes it easier for us to tell Hasbro exactly which alien we want to be made into an action figure.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Ehh, he's close enough. Names like Bane Malar and Sgt. Doallyn weren't even created until over a decade after ROTJ was released, so they're irrelevant.

The only thing those names are good for is it makes it easier for us to tell Hasbro exactly which alien we want to be made into an action figure.

Bane Malar is a good sculpt, and I like it, it`s just that I didn`t know that he was on ROTJ Set, Thank yo`all for telling me.

BTW Hope "sgt. Doallyn" gets an action figure, he`s one of my favorite Background characters.

Big Barada- I just called Doallyn "the guy Knocked down by Chewbacca" `cause I didn`t know what name was given to him.It`s kind of cool that we fans are asking for an action figure of a "Thirty seconds screen Character".

There are a lot of cool characters in Jabba`s palace, I`m thinking `bout that wasp-like Droid....it`s fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by TIE DEFENDER View Post
    It`s kind of cool that we fans are asking for an action figure of a "Thirty seconds screen Character".
    Or even 3 second characters like Aurra Sing.

There are a lot of cool characters in Jabba`s palace, I`m thinking `bout that wasp-like Droid....it`s fantastic!
    You mean BG-J38?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I used my vintage SnaggleTooth as Dr. Evizan when I was a kid, so I have no problems using Bane Malar as the guy that was pushed down the stairs at Jabba's Palace
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose
    great traders: jedigeorge6; jedi master sal; ncbarret; darkjedi5; cookiemonster; phantom-like menace

[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by jediguy View Post
    I used my vintage SnaggleTooth as Dr. Evizan when I was a kid, so I have no problems using Bane Malar as the guy that was pushed down the stairs at Jabba's Palace
    I did the exact same thing! In fact, I always thought Dr. Evazan was Snaggletooth. I only saw the movie once as a kid and he seemed close enough on the back of the Kenner card (I never actually owned the figure until late in the 90s). Plus, the name Dr. Evazan just didn't exist in the Kenner days. I'm not sure if it was created by West End Games or Decipher, but it was definitely something that came out after the action figure line died.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

That's the one, thanks for the info.Hope we soon see an action figure of BJ-G38