Page 406 of 867 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 8662

Thread: New Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
    The letter m

There are three switches downstairs. Each corresponds to one of the three light bulbs in the attic. You can turn the switches on and off and leave them in any position.
    How would you identify which switch corresponds to which light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?

Have some one else turn on the lights while you go up stairs and talk via 2 way radio or yelling. Oh, better make sure there not pathological liars either.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Wow, you're not even trying. No this is a solo mission. There is no help, no cameras, no radios, no film. Just one person, 3 switches, 3 lights, and a bunch of stairs that you cannot see the lights from the bottom of.

Actually that's the correct answer for the old GRE analytical section...but oh well, I hate limited in the box thinking.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Do you stick your finger in the light socket?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    What brands favor your household, JT?

Speaking of James Bond: I've used my Walther PPK/S .380 as a back-up for years! And yes, I know Bond used a .32.
    I no longer own a gun, the expense was too high in my leanest days (or rather, the rent was and the gun had less value to me than the rent) and I didn't want to worry about having to use it for self-defense. I believe my mom's to be a Luger copy, which is kind of a finicky gun. My former roommate had a PPK (I think even a 380) when we shared an apartment, but he let it get super pitted by not properly caring for it.

If we're talking about CFLs, there is no way to figure it out because they cool down too quickly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Do you stick your finger in the light socket?
    That's closer to the correct answer, but unfortunately not quite right.

Turn one on for 5 minutes then turn it off and turn on the next one. Run upstairs see which one is off and hot (the first switch), on (second switch), and off (third switch.)

Edit: JT posted as I was composing this and he gets the points for being correct.

I like my alternate answer though, where you leave one in a shorted state so it's flashing on and off.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I like my alternate answer though, where you leave one in a shorted state so it's flashing on and off.
    Okay, since you got it right you have to post the next puzzle/riddle

Oh, uh... Something about a room with 4 windows, and a bear, and what color is it.

-or-

How do you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you without hitting anything? (no strings attached)