Page 451 of 867 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 8662

Thread: New Contest!

We may add more lasers/flourochromes, but I'd say I'll be doing flow cytometry until the day I retire. My wife works in epigenetics and is always having to brush up on new techniques and learn new platforms. We're lucky to get a new flow cytometer or a sorter every 10 years or so. Of course the 10,000 other things that arise out of our research are always demanding new and better ways to be explored, but that's what collaborators are for.

I work with electrodes and seperations. Nano is really screwing everything we thought we knew. But good thing is also appears to be the limit since we're talking atoms in some cases for thickness.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'm just waiting for electron microscopes to be replaced by quark microscopes. Then we'll be able to see everything.

Probably not. I'd rather have a stepped up FIB (focused ion beam) that does sci-fi type damage, not microscopic drilling of 40nanometer hole damage etc.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    We may add more lasers/flourochromes, but I'd say I'll be doing flow cytometry until the day I retire. My wife works in epigenetics and is always having to brush up on new techniques and learn new platforms. We're lucky to get a new flow cytometer or a sorter every 10 years or so. Of course the 10,000 other things that arise out of our research are always demanding new and better ways to be explored, but that's what collaborators are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    I work with electrodes and seperations. Nano is really screwing everything we thought we knew. But good thing is also appears to be the limit since we're talking atoms in some cases for thickness.
    I just build bikes.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

But if you add the phrase nano- or micro- or extreme- they'll market test better!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I just build bikes.
    first post i've understood in some time now. thanks frett for leaving out the geek speak for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve View Post
    Are we ever going to get a winner?
    So, you didn't forget about us here, eh? Does quoting you constitute wictory, Neimdoidian-style?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    I don't. Unless it has to do with monkeys shooting harpoon guns.
    No monkeys, but zombies might be an appropriate description.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    So have you figured out who did it yet? They wrap these things up in under a hour on TV including all the genetic testing that takes days in research labs.
    Minus tox, this was solved in under 5 minutes because of about 20 witnesses.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

Minus tox, this was solved in under 5 minutes because of about 20 witnesses.
    Eyewitnesses are totally unreliable. House might be on to something when he says everyone lies