Page 453 of 867 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 8662

Thread: New Contest!

Tee-Eye, even if you can't tell us any specifics, can you point our browsers to a newspaper story about the case you were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ysalamiri View Post
    does ????? count as a reply?
    only if it's 10 characters long, otherwise you can't post it

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Tee-Eye, even if you can't tell us any specifics, can you point our browsers to a newspaper story about the case you were talking about?
    OK, I'm good to go on this. Press releases have been issued.

A 911 call comes in from a trailer park (where else?) regarding a man covered in blood wielding a pair of hedge shears and swinging it at residents in the park who are trying to help him, or at least find out what's going on.

Deputies arrive at the same time as paramedics and he runs off "growling and gurgling" between trailers. He's found hiding at the rear of a trailer and he's ordered to throw out the shears and come out. The guy complies, but as he's coming out, he reaches for the door of one of the trailers and begins to break in.

Not knowing if he's armed with anything else, and concerned for the residents inside, a deputy deploys her Taser and jolts the guy to stop him from getting into the trailer. Down he goes and deputies and EMTs jump on him. He's bundled up and shipped off to the hospital.

I get there with my partner and we start working the crime scene with detectives. Without going into great detail, what we found out was that minutes earlier, the guy had attempted suicide with a .44 magnum revolver! That's the reason the guy was bloody. He had placed the gun under his chin and pulled the trigger. The bullet (which we recovered) passed through his chin, took out his tongue (remember "growling and gurgling"?), and exited through the top of his forehead. His frontal lobes were pretty much history, I would imagine, but he was still able to function violently even after such a traumatic event! Witnesses said he was pretty much acting like a zombie.

I just find it really incredible that he was able to survive after using such a large caliber weapon. His wounds are not life-threatening, but he certainly will not be the same after all is said and done. This still has the lot of us shaking our collective heads. Unbelievable!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Men of Honor is a movie I'll watch if I'm surfing I'll tune in. I like it a lot.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Unbelievable!
    I believe you, but you're right it is pretty unbelievable. Wow, so there's no way he can be found competent to stand trial I guess. What are they going to do with him? Ship him off to an assylum after his head heals (as much as it can.)

I would imagine he'll end up in some sort of institution or group home depending on his level of recovery. He's another tragic mental health statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I would imagine he'll end up in some sort of institution or group home depending on his level of recovery. He's another tragic mental health statistic.
    Wow, that is sad. Do you know if he has any family?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

is there a place on here for coupon codes for hasbrotoyshop? I looked where I thought it was, but couldn't find it.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Wow, that is sad. Do you know if he has any family?
    Yes he does. Without going into detail, that was one of his problems.