Page 551 of 867 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 8662

Thread: New Contest!

Yes, but maybe good news for figure prices in 1 years time as they begin to lock in their raw materials for the next year or so.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I doubt it. If they can make another $0.05 per figure they will probably just keep prices as is. They've said in Q&A that raw materials are just a small part of the cost. Most of it comes from tooling and paint apps.

True, but most of the cost increase this year was raw material/shipping, since there hasn't been that much change in over all tooling the past 2 years.

Totally unrelated, I hate incubators with Co2 alarms that just screech and not a spare CO2 cylinder in the whole building.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Our CO2 comes in through pipes in the building. They cheaped out and didn't put in pipes for the LN2 though so we (meaning others lower on the food chain) have to bring up the huge 50 gallon cylinders (in an elevator) from the basement to the 5th floor several times a week. The elevator makes it easier, but those things are still unwieldy.

Can you silence the alarm? (not that that helps whatever is growing in your incubator, but at least it will preserve (what's left of) your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Can you silence the alarm? (not that that helps whatever is growing in your incubator, but at least it will preserve (what's left of) your sanity.
    Not my incubator, but in our space since we need less than others. The alarm shorted out in the last power surge/failure. It's been wonky for some time before that...and now, the FIRE ALARM is going off.

When I kill my undergrad helper, the reason will be the NOISE!!!!

Our fire alarm goes off at least twice a year, usually more. Almost always it's caused my the facilities people trying to weld something in place and they accidentally set off an over sensitive heat sensor. And, it always seems to happen when I'm either in the middle of something really important or it's the coldest day of the year.

We get a lot of that, but it's not the welding, it's usually the dust from constant renovation since we have both heat and particulate sensors. Alarm off, CO2 tank arrived.

I think global warming is (ironically) caused by scientists. Think of all the Dry Ice we have sitting around in coolers sublimating into the air and all the tons of CO2 pumped into our incubators.

If we did away with all the scientists we'd never hear anything else about global warming. :tongue in cheek:

"The first thing we should do is kill all the scientists" TM 2009 by mtriv73

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I think global warming is (ironically) caused by scientists. Think of all the Dry Ice we have sitting around in coolers sublimating into the air and all the tons of CO2 pumped into our incubators.

If we did away with all the scientists we'd never hear anything else about global warming. :tongue in cheek:

"The first thing we should do is kill all the scientists" TM 2009 by mtriv73

What's the quote by Rodney McKay..."Everyone ignores the scientist until the last minute when they hope they can swoop in and save everything with some brilliant plan." What we should do is allow the scientist to be in charge and legislate what they can do because I'm tired of people who couldn't pass 2nd grade level science legislating what I attempt to do.

And now for something completely different.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry 098.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	20763  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!