Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The Star Destroyer rumor sounds interesting, but in reality we all know it's not going to be the 5-foot monster that it needs to be. However, just a basic bridge playset might be interesting.
    I wouldn't mind having a basic bridge set either. If they do make it, I hope its to proper scale. But since its a playset, I have real doubts about them making this.

Not to mention the bridge is a pretty boring part of a Star Destroyer.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Ugh, I hope this is a mistake, or they're talking about a smaller version or something. The Turbo Tank sucks, I have the Titanium Series version and Transformers version, they're both woefully boring. I've railed against this concept for a while now, so if it's true, it's a waste.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, I hope this is a mistake, or they're talking about a smaller version or something. The Turbo Tank sucks, I have the Titanium Series version and Transformers version, they're both woefully boring. I've railed against this concept for a while now, so if it's true, it's a waste.
    Sweet, more for me then.

I've wanted this beast since I saw it in ROTS and I'm SO glad it's finally coming. Now I just need to find space for it!

And I'm glad we're getting this as opposed to another AT-AT. The old one is perfectly fine.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

You saw it in ROTS? I guess you don't blink.

The AT-AT is legendary, it's visually representative of Star Wars almost as much as the TIE Fighter or X-wing. Making that would be a safe bet, and a fun one. Another box on wheels would be a joke - "oh boy, I want the Star Wars bus!"

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know that the AT-AT is iconic and all that, but we already have two in the modern line (with the last one released just over two years ago). I, personally, would rather see all-new vehicles than newer versions of older ones (except in some cases, but we already have the revamped Falcon, X-wing, and TIE Fighter). I just think the current AT-AT is fine.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Repaints of a 26-year-old mold don't really count as separate entries in my book. And I like how you admit the AT-AT is iconic, the same class as the X-wing and TIE Fighter, then go on to say there are exceptions like the Falcon, X-wing, and TIE Fighter, yet all of a sudden the AT-AT no longer fits in that club. And finally, I'd like to say that the current AT-AT is pretty lackluster, it's small for what it is, inaccurate, and doesn't have much play potential.

I'm with JT on the AT-AT, any vehicle still using a majority of the vintagte sculpting is in dire need of a redo. The X-Wing has gotten it, the Falcon (of course), even the TIE fighter has seen a more accurate wing, even the B-wing and A-wing have been freshened up lately. Why not the AT-AT?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

What do you want to bet they just announce the Turbo Tank at toy fair and say nothing else about another possible one until comic-con?

I hope the Turbo Tank isn't the only large-sized vehicle slated for 2009. I have feeling it's going to tank in the market (no pun intended ) and thus kill any chances of see more large-sized vehicles.... like an AT-AT.

Other than doubling as a storage case, I don't see much use for the Turbo Tank.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis