Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    I searched the second Wal Mart on my list today and did find the $49.99 Turbo Tank! I used the $5 off coupon and got a pretty good deal, I think. Its sitting next to the AT-TE right now and looks great.

I couldn't find any marked down AT-STs at any of the Wal Marts I've been too. The Evolution sets are all $12 but I still haven't found the one with the Republic Commandos.

At a Target I found one of those super saver 2 packs and it had the new Slave Girl Leia in it! I was so happy to find it as its the first time I saw that figure. Seems funny they'd put it in a 2 pack like they want to get rid of it. Had I seen it on the peg by itself I probably would have bought two of em.

Also, Hasbro claimed that they destoryed the Rancor Keeper figures and some others? I call BS on that, there were a bunch of them on those budget 2 packs. They weren't destroyed. they've been paired up and basically given away. I don't really care what they do what them but why lie about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Square pegs for round holes.. nice job Hasbro! Accessory and figure compatibility issues are another reason I don't buy Hasbro vehicles any more. I see from your pics how the cannons fit onto the tank now. I may pick up that tank crew since I could use more basic Clones anyway. Thanks for taking those pics, I appreciate that!

No problem... my boys were excited to get the star wars toys out anyway

Here in the SF bay area I have found no commando sets either, however i went skiiing last week and up in RENO NV, The walmarts were busting at the seams with commando sets

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000
    Also, Hasbro claimed that they destoryed the Rancor Keeper figures and some others? I call BS on that, there were a bunch of them on those budget 2 packs. They weren't destroyed. they've been paired up and basically given away. I don't really care what they do what them but why lie about it?
    Well, they never said that. They recalled and destroyed Yarna, the Organas, Pons Limbic, and (I think) Trinto Duaba and Wioslea. This was all done before the Malakili wave ever hit stores.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I have the new legs on it already... Even they can't withstand the wrath of a 1 year old. He has just snapped them off so many times even the new legs have stopped staying on well... maybe I should try getting another new set.
    Well, the bottom line is that it's not a riding toy. They are designed to pop off before they permanently fail, so if your lad is assaulting them, they will always come off. If you are just setting the vehicle down and they're popping off though, contact Hasbro again and tell them you got a dud set of legs - mine stay on like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Square pegs for round holes.. nice job Hasbro!
    Round holes for non-round pegs is pretty standard operating procedure for Hasbro, it allows for stuff like twist-in/twist-out play, and it's just cheaper sometimes. As long as the parts fit at the corners, it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    They didn't lie about anything, you just have the wrong figure in mind. They pulled back and destroyed several '08 figures, the Malakili Rancor Keeper figure didn't come out until months later and hasn't been pegwarming yet so no reason to pull it back, much less destroy it. They pulled back Bail & Breha Organa, Yarna, Ak-Rev, and the '08 Cantina Aliens, and even still, you will find some stores where the product hadn't been properly pulled due to various reasons beyond Hasbro's control.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, the bottom line is that it's not a riding toy. They are designed to pop off before they permanently fail, so if your lad is assaulting them, they will always come off.
    Also, the toys usually say ages 4 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, the bottom line is that it's not a riding toy. They are designed to pop off before they permanently fail, so if your lad is assaulting them, they will always come off. If you are just setting the vehicle down and they're popping off though, contact Hasbro again and tell them you got a dud set of legs - mine stay on like a champ.

I appreciate that Hasbro designs a lot of things to "break" before they actually break. The doors on the Turbo Tank are a great example how they snap off before you would crack/break any hinges. The legs on my AT-TE stay on just fine when not in combat against my younling.

I am very impressed with the sturdiness of the TT. My little one has used it as a riding toy and it is no worse for the wear.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I am very impressed with the sturdiness of the TT. My little one has used it as a riding toy and it is no worse for the wear.
    [FONT=Courier New]Same here! My 1 1/2 year nephew loves to climb on and ride it around.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]He's probably been doing that a lot with the one we gave his older brother for Christmas.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

If my 7 year old gets wind that someone has been using the turbo tank as a riding toy, she'll try it. I really don't think it could hold up to that.