Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Turbo Tank at Toy Fair?

AnotheR Site has apparently found pages out of a toy mag that supposedly spills a sneak peak at Hasbro's Toy Fair surprises. The magazine makes mention of the Clone Turbo Tank for the Legacy/Clone Wars line and says it should be hitting by Christmas. If this is true it means that the BMF and At-TE were successes enough to pave the way for other large scale toy items (as I assume the Turbo Tank is to scale with the figs and on par with the AT-TE). Looks like it's time to start saving my nickles and dimes....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

CW Turbotank in 2009!!!!!

I was going through some SW sites and found out some pretty interesting things. First, Hasbro seems to be planning on releasing a large scale Clone Turbotank for Christmas 2009. That, alone is enough to get me excited. But, another bit of info was spilled. Two new R/C controlled Star Wars vehicles. A helicopter Republic Gunship and BARC Speeder. Sounds like 2009 will be a interesting year. Here's a link to the article. http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=2100
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I hope there is an OT large vehicle to complement the tank like there was last year.

Hopefully a Sail BArge
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sorry I mistakingly put CW Turbotank, instead of SW Turbotank. But, yeah, it might be for the Clone Wars line. I heard rumors that other large scale vehicles are in the works. A new redesigned AT-AT, and Star Destoyer vehicle/playset. I hope the Star Destroyer is true, nothing against the AT-AT. Just doesn't really interest me.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I'm holding out hope for a new AT-AT.

The Star Destroyer rumor sounds interesting, but in reality we all know it's not going to be the 5-foot monster that it needs to be. However, just a basic bridge playset might be interesting.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'm holding out hope for a new AT-AT.

The Star Destroyer rumor sounds interesting, but in reality we all know it's not going to be the 5-foot monster that it needs to be. However, just a basic bridge playset might be interesting.
    I'd buy four AT-AT's. I just don't see the Star Destroyer happening due to a lot of things Hasbro has said in Q&A's

Part of me wonders if the Turbo Tank is coming, why not the AT-AT? I always though the Turbo Tank looked a lot like and AT-AT on wheels anyway, it's not the exact same but Hasbro might be able to save money by building these simultaneously? It would be interesting if there were two vehicles at the large scale and that they both would up being ground assault vehicles. Spaceships are what make Star Wars so cool, but I guess there aren't too many viable options like the BMF was.

Either way I see almost no way we'll see the sailbarge. Hasbro has said no too many times for it to be on the slate for Toy Fair. Unless they have no qualms lying to collectors in the Q&A over and over again which would defeat the point of the Q&A. Why ask questions if you won't get a real answer?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Part of me wonders if the Turbo Tank is coming, why not the AT-AT? I always though the Turbo Tank looked a lot like and AT-AT on wheels anyway
    That is true, and the reason you see it is because the Turbo Tank is actually based upon concept art from TESB.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image...th_concept.jpg

They recycled a lot of things from the older scripts & concept art for the prequel trilogy. If you know who Mace Windu was in the original draft, then you know what I mean . . .
    Please, please please let CV be on the east coast!

I think I would be up for the Turbo Tank. It is kind of a neat vehicle and I like many of the things the new trilogy threw at us. I really don't have a desire for a new AT-AT. The Falcon is so iconic and was so deserving of an update it seems foolish not to have remade it.

This is where I think it gets tricky. Other vehicles that they could make bigger and more expensive become a tougher sale to me. Although...a $150 AT-AT that towered over all the other toys might be sweet, I would just rather not.

An interesting argument was put forth here in the forums when the new Falcon was coming out. And that was as a long time collector the thought of replacing or updating older vehicles for newer ones was not a welcome idea. In the case of the Falcon I didn't agree. In the case of other vehicles I am starting to feel that point.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."