Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Yesterday I played the Nintendo Wii for my very first time

Dude! This system is fun.

I made a new friend in a pool tournament I played in. He invited me to check out bowling, tennis, and baseball. It was totally addictive and we played for hours.

He has a PS3 too, but we never turned it on. The Wii bowling game and tennis are both awesome. I actually broke a sweat returning a continuous volley on the court.

For a guy who usually does not get into video games much (aside from piloting games), the Wii rocks.

I've played PS3, too. In fact I was close to purchasing a PS3, but geeze did this experience ever sway me. But maybe I should do what my friend did and buy BOTH. But I seriously had fun with the Wii.

You won't regret it. I suggest looking for a bundle where you get the Wii, Wii Fit (for the Balance board) and whatever games also are included.

The balance board and Shaun White Road Trip are a lot more fun.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I just don't get into video games. I'm sure if I didn't get killed within 30 seconds of the start of the game, I might enjoy it more. I tried Mario Kart at my brothers place, and I was dead last every time. My Nieces kicked my butt.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'd think about it dude. I bought a Wii back in spring of 06 and played it quite a bit, primarily wii sports and Super Mario Galaxy. It's a fun system if you have family around, but these days, I very rarely play it now. In fact, I got tired of it as the poor graphics do become tiresome and Nintendo caters to the casual, younger audience, which means that A LOT of the wii's games are going to be bad.

I ended up buying a 360 here and love it. It's a MUCH better system than the wii on a lot of levels, if not all of them. I would say wii's online playability is better, but they only have a few games that can be played online, so I can't say much about it.

I will play bowling and maybe SMG, but I don't see myself buying anymore games for it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I played Wii Mario Kart at Best Buy for a minute the other day, the wiimote sucks so bad, majorly uncomfortable and wasn't blowing my mind with accuracy, kinda squirrelly. And the game looked way dated, stuff was clipping through edges like mad.

Then I came home and finally opened up Motorstorm Pacific Rift for PS3, I got it for xmas, and that game is fun as hell! The traction is a little more basic than the original, but the maps are far more varied. And playing it with the controller as the steering wheel was awesome, it was a tighter control and felt better in my hands.

If you are looking for motion sensor games, the Wii probably has the PS3 beat in volume, but I'm happy enough with the Sixaxis games I have, that feels exactly like what I'm looking for in a game.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Don't listen to these guys, T. They both hate Pac-Man because he's not perfectly round.

JT, was the Mario Kart demo using the wheel? The wheel sucks. I always use the nunchuk. Funny thing, the wheel actually works much better with Speed Racer, a third-party game, than with Mario Kart, the game it was designed for!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The XBOX360 is a botched design. Microsoft still has units coming off the assembly line that experience the red circle of death. Yeah, its down to $200but the fact that Gates or whoever have not corrected this problem speaks volumes to their commitment to quality control. 3 year warranty my butt! FIX THE PROBLEM. The Wii has been put through the ringer and is still working. Its still a 250 system and its obvious Nintendo does not feel the need to drop the price further even though 360 is cheaper - still selling like hotcakes.

I prefer my DS honestly. Great, unique titles, and the stylus is not as cumbersome as the wiimote. Just wish some of the Japan only releases would make it stateside in english language.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Don't listen to these guys, T. They both hate Pac-Man because he's not perfectly round.
    He's a pizza missing a slice.

JT, was the Mario Kart demo using the wheel? The wheel sucks. I always use the nunchuk. Funny thing, the wheel actually works much better with Speed Racer, a third-party game, than with Mario Kart, the game it was designed for!
    It was using the Wiimote in armor, but not with the wheel, just by itself, as the steering wheel.

The same motion on Motorstorm is so much fun too, so weird what a difference game and controller design can make.

BTW, Tycho has a big Samsung HDTV and no HD cable or even blu-ray player. Which would be more useful, the Wii which mostly comes down to waggle and cannot even deliver HD video in the games, or the PS3 which can do HD games, play and stream HD videos, can upscale regular DVDs, and is a fully-functional Blu-Ray player? And the PS3 is gonna have SW Battlefront III in real quality while the Wii will end up with yet another downscaled port.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ick. Wiimote by itself is essentially the wheel; same controls. The execution there just isn't what it should be; like I said, it's odd that a third-party game that was only half realized otherwise uses the Nintendo wheel so much more effectively than the game it supposedly was designed for.

For Tycho, I'd recommend the Wii simply because he doesn't seem like a hardcore gamer. The majority of third-party games suck and suck hard, but there are quite a few gems out there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just bought a Wii at Wal-Mart tonight. Hooking it up in a little bit.

I also bought Clone Wars and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Now I'll see if I can't have some fun with it.

UPDATE: I just played the darn thing and 2 1/2 hours went by before I knew what was happening!

The Lego Complete Star Wars saga is awesome. I kept playing the Hoth scenerio. It's hard but keeps you challenged. I also chased Zam Wessel through Coruscant in Anakin's speeder, and helped Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan get off the Trade Federation's droid control ship and go to Naboo to meet JarJar.

Geeze it gets addictive fast. Prior to going to war, I went bowling. I also learned how you can create Miis, but I didn't save any as of yet.

Well, that's about it. I'm totally thrilled with the Wii. It was a good choice.