Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Medicom RAH TIE Fighter Pilot

Medicom RAH TIE Fighter Pilot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_20090123ca3m_88e1585.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	19311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_img55861854m_0699102.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	19312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_img55861855m_32a477d.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	19313  
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Absolutely awesome! I want one for sure!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Looks good. I was actually disappointed with the Marmit version.....the kit like aspect of it is a pain.

Just once I would like to see the ANH version Tie Pilot.....everyone does the later version like this, but it looks good...wonder if Sideshow will get to this one?
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Looks good. I was actually disappointed with the Marmit version.....the kit like aspect of it is a pain.

Just once I would like to see the ANH version Tie Pilot.....everyone does the later version like this, but it looks good...wonder if Sideshow will get to this one?
    I know the differences between ANH/ESB/ROTJ/ROTS Vaders, between the ANH/ROTJ stormtroopers and between ESB and ROTJ Boba Fett, but what are the differences between ANH TIE Pilot and the others?
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    I know the differences between ANH/ESB/ROTJ/ROTS Vaders, between the ANH/ROTJ stormtroopers and between ESB and ROTJ Boba Fett, but what are the differences between ANH TIE Pilot and the others?
    Main thing: hoses. In ANH, they had a hose running from the mask to the side and in the later ones, it is like the Medicom. Subtle, but not done to my knowledge
    Real men buy Willrow

Also the ANH Pilots had two grey stripes running down the front of their facemasks and some grey lettering on the front of their helmet ridge.

In fact, I think a couple of TIE Pilots in ROTJ had the same stripes on the front of their helmets. Which means they were either using recycled helmets or recycled footage from the original film.

Name:	tiepilot.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	19462  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Also the ANH Pilots had two grey stripes running down the front of their facemasks and some grey lettering on the front of their helmet ridge.

In fact, I think a couple of TIE Pilots in ROTJ had the same stripes on the front of their helmets. Which means they were either using recycled helmets or recycled footage from the original film.
    Cool, i was not aware of that myself...grey stripes...ok time to whip out ANH and look again! But clearly, its there in the pic! Awesome. dude, another reason to want the ANh version

Yeah I found another pic that shows off the decal you meantion at the top:

I don't see the grey stripe in this pic, but do see the other decal - did some have the stripe and some did not, or is it just the angle and lighting?

Very interesting, thanks again

Name:	tie pilot 2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	19512  
    Real men buy Willrow

So the preorder is up and I threw my name in the hat for this one. $179?!?!?! That is freakin' crazy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

The price is outrageous. I'll wait until it drops and then I'll get it.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Cool, i was not aware of that myself...grey stripes...ok time to whip out ANH and look again! But clearly, its there in the pic! Awesome. dude, another reason to want the ANh version

Yeah I found another pic that shows off the decal you meantion at the top:

I don't see the grey stripe in this pic, but do see the other decal - did some have the stripe and some did not, or is it just the angle and lighting?

Very interesting, thanks again
    Yeah, there seems to be different markings on different helmets. If you look closely though, you can see that the entire front portion of the helmet ridge on that pilot is painted silver-ish. You can tell by the "black box" that the lettering in encased in.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis